• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

My apologies, was just trying to kill time between runs.
I get it and honestly again it's not a huge deal but unfortunately it usually just snowballs and next thing you know it's like people just carrying on a conversation in here, and thanks.

Verbatim the FV3 starts this off in RDU as heavy snow at hour 66.
fv3-gfs_12_066_35777585_skewt_weathernerds.png

Not quite, DGZ is very dry. Probably mostly sleet.

UK and GEFS shifted N/W some.

View attachment 8642
Looks way further into GA than last run. It sounds crazy but last nights NAM could be very accurate with this storm when it’s all done. We’re ridinng from run to run and everything is all over the place North South East West this storm has shifted all over the place on these models with no consistency so honestly we may not know what happens until it happens. If u have had something from one of the model runs then u are in the game because of the inconsistency so far. My opinion

If FFC is on to something, it looks like the adjacent NWS offices aren't seeing it yet...
Screenshot-2018-12-06-at-12-31-25-PM.png
So according to that map, the light and dark purple are both ice. Does the darker shaded purple indicate heavier freezing rain ? I guess according to this map West GA is going to see some heavy freezing rain.

I agree....anything under that upper low will be light at best for sure. Anyone who sees anything under that ULL and its flurries...call it a big win...
At least the surface low is lower :) Get it into Fla, and us away from the heat, and the cad could do it's work better. Still time to adjust for more of Ga than Clayton Co.

Back