• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Well according to Weathernerds.org, GFS is actually a ice/mix here in N GA during much of the precip.

6sclPl2.gif

That's almost identical to mine.... we are right on that fence, my eyes will be hurting looking at CC lol
Yeah man we are legit on the border. I bet we end up on the outside looking in. A 1-3 degree trend colder takes us from a snow to sleet to rain scenario with 1-2 inches to a big 4-8 inch snow to sleet storm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This situation is a dual edged sword. If it ( low) slows down some, the CAD can be established better prior to precip, but conversely it might slow enough to allow the high to weaken and slide east. As usual, we are threading the needle here. Overall do not like the trends here especially outside the NW Triad, foothills and mountains and they have little wiggle room left as well IMO

I think it's very likely RDU/central NC will get a front-end thump of snow followed by a period of mixed precipitation. It's possible we may get some more snow or mixed precip from the backside of the system on Monday night. Accumulation here is highly uncertain depending on the temperature profiles: anything from no measurable snow to 6 or more inches is still on the table. I do think it is extremely likely we will get at least a brief period of winter precipitation, however.

gem_asnow_seus_21.png
CMC has the Nam/Icon/Euro idea with backend energy little further west.

All we can really hope for are a few flurries. The trend is to not close that energy off and it’s further east each run . Neither of which are good . Thank god it’s early December and we have 2 1/2 months left of winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All we can really hope for are a few flurries. The trend is to not close that energy off and it’s further east each run . Neither of which are good . Thank god it’s early December and we have 2 1/2 months left of winter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you want to look at it one way, we did get flurries last month so we’re ahead of schedule.

Well according to Weathernerds.org, GFS is actually a ice/mix here in N GA during much of the precip.

6sclPl2.gif
Idk who created this radar simulator, but it keeps showing up on here. It's showing a mix way to far South everytime. Would not believe this at all.

Really liking the NAM at the moment for Northwest MS.
yeah me too. I've seen these set ups play out the same for many years (been model watching and on the boards since 2008). The NAM is always our last hope and then they are dashed "almost" every single time. But every now and then it gets it right, most likely due to dumb luck lol.

I recall looking at the big snow event for Kansas City to Chicago a couple of weeks back and checked the GFS and Euro on which model did better. The GFS started to hone in on day 3 and Euro day 4, we are at that point today with the Euro. Going to give greatest weight to Euro/EPS todays runs on forward.

Back