• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Since I’m not sure, how could this help us?
Lower the dew point the better. When precip comes in it will lower the temp down to the dew point reading. So if you have a dew point of 28 degrees. And let’s say it starts rain/snow at temp of 34 degrees. The precip would push down the temp to your dewpoint of 28 degrees which would change you all over to snow of snow/sleet depending of the condition on the upper atmosphere.

A791BB0A-D1C6-4299-B820-605F16372957.png 475A1904-2D79-42DB-A9F6-05482C04DA8D.png 7A6942E5-C084-4D2B-9B85-406A286BADF0.png 40C01660-8BCC-40CC-935A-93B9428FB87F.png
Lower the dew point the better. When precip comes in it will lower the temp down to the dew point reading. So if you have a dew point of 28 degrees. And let’s say it starts rain/snow at temp of 34 degrees. The precip would push down the temp to your dewpoint of 28 degrees which would change you all over to snow of snow/sleet depending of the condition on the upper atmosphere.
Also we are getting a fresh push from the north of could air as you can see in these 4 frames. Which helps out north miss, ala and ga... hopes this helps... also this would be a awesome storm for Arkansas area also.

yikes! I still think people need to temper their expectations this far out. This is the south and no matter how good the models look things can and do go wrong with winter weather. I’m not saying this won’t be a big winter storm but I see a lot of posters acting as if this is set in stone already.
I agree...Way too much time for things to change drastically...Models are shifting every run now, and we"re still several days out

View attachment 8342 View attachment 8343 View attachment 8344 View attachment 8345
Also we are getting a fresh push from the north of could air as you can see in these 4 frames. Which helps out north miss, ala and ga... hopes this helps... also this would be a awesome storm for Arkansas area also.
This could get good! :cool:

Update from Chris Justus via FB live just now: I-85 dividing between accumulating snow and mostly rain - cities of Greenville/Spartanburg/Gaffney will see significant transitions between snow/sleet/fz rain - Simpsonville/etc will see mostly rain - I'm expecting a sleet storm here being about 2 miles north of 85

Rather get burned than put peoples lives in danger. Brad Panovich has upped his Charlotte forecast for bread and milk. Everyone is now urging to prepare and App State has already alerted everyone on campus of the danger.

Update from Chris Justus via FB live just now: I-85 dividing between accumulating snow and mostly rain - cities of Greenville/Spartanburg/Gaffney will see significant transitions between snow/sleet/fz rain - Simpsonville/etc will see mostly rain - I'm expecting a sleet storm here being about 2 miles north of 85
He’s not the weenie he used to be, just sad! I hope I get 6” out of spite!

Lol, I know how the mountains work with elevation and all. The problem is that 99% of the people posting here don’t live in those mountains.
True--but I am camping this weekend at Tate Branch in NE GA at 2600 feet! I hope we see some action!
Thanks!
Ben

Was a good one for Alabama as well, that ULL moved SE & then NE through Georgia I believe

[
snowfall.JPG
That storm gave me 4” the most I’ve ever seen but just a few miles up the road saw 6”

KK going with GFS because it’s been must consistent! Lol

Back