• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

Yes. I will take my foot.

Seriously, even half of that would be awesome. The runs get better and better.
Exactly the same here. Seeing a run like that even though a lot could be ice seems to be sticking with the FV3. Time will tell. Today seemed to be a trend for the better, more support for a backside in GA and surrounding regions, and a general south trend. The trend is our friend.

Alooooooot of that for Atlanta and points NE of the city is probably not snow so those amounts won't come to fruition but once again... even if 1/10 of that verifies... that's a win for December and I'm all for it

Last edited:
Northern edge of FV3 is a big jump south but the southern edge of the 1in QPF is about the same so it seems more consolidated. I think the big thing to watch is if the FV3 timing stays the same or slows like all of the rest of the models. ALso if the northern edge keeps getting shoved south.

Its obviously not gonna be snow for ATL area. I could see a scenario if everything lines up correctly where we get alot of ice or sleet and then transition to snow in the last bit.

LP track looks like it goes just off the PH of FL...then reappears magically on top of Albany...seems like a bit of an abrupt turn...

And then there’s the clown maps. It has my attention, but something seems screwy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has much moisture can the ground hold after being saturated from this past weekends heavy rains? I’m seeing several models with 2-3 inch rains for north Georgia and North Alabama this coming weekend. I’m thinking that flash flooding may be more an issue for these areas.

Hotels are starting to fill up. Anyone wanna book somewhere close to each other or share location ideas? I’m still thinking Mount Rogers, VA but open to booking an extra hotel with free cancelation somewhere in NC just in case. Anywhere west of Surry or Wilkes looks to avoid sleet.

Back