• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

I tried to convey this last week that the models do not do a good job when it comes to blocking over top especially with strong blocks and to not get too attached to any one model run. Also as many have stated these good patterns for us usually come later rather than earlier. My prediction on 10-20 still stands but I could see the best time even being after this period as we hopefully have relaxation of the -PNA and eventually an actual favorable pacific. I wouldn’t trust much at all past 180 hours in a pattern like this. Obviously ensembles are the best to look at past this time but even then they can sway substantially so it’s best to stay cautious and don’t get too optimistic about either outcomes they provide until we get closer. Also while we will see some warm days in the next week I do believe CAD will do it’s best to keep those muted for us in the CAD regions

The NWS 8 to 14 day forecast is showing well below normal temperatures for Eastern North Carolina and below normal temperatures for most of the South with normal precipitation. It looks the NWS sees a pattern change in the tea leaves as some of the models have been showing for the middle of the month.

Good example of not an east-based -NAO. Trough east of HI is good and favors ridging over the west coast, as shown. Would be nice for the ridging in western AK to connect with the ridging in ?? and give us the ridge-bridge over the top that opens the foodgates and releases the Arctic hounds. Anyway, nice evolution.

Meh. Not a huge fan of 12z EPS. I guess it’s not horrible. But definitely worse than 0z
5b64af388267ef7bb5a30c4b99b04cd3.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meh. Not a huge fan of 12z EPS. I guess it’s not horrible. But definitely worse than 0z
5b64af388267ef7bb5a30c4b99b04cd3.gif

The differences are trivial. You're going to see dispersion that far out. There is still major blocking and there is a below-average look. The Euro is fine.

Good example of not an east-based -NAO. Trough east of HI is good and favors ridging over the west coast, as shown. Would be nice for the ridging in western AK to connect with the ridging in ?? and give us the ridge-bridge over the top that opens the foodgates and releases the Arctic hounds. Anyway, nice evolution.
Euro Control run maybe?

whL2kUv.gif

Euro day 7 to 10 day here has a more consolidated and strong low pressure tracking off Japan into NE Siberia (compared to GFS and CMC), helping to pump the western ridging / high pressure. We need to see these lows stay out of tracking into Alaska

3Wa2fNX.gif
I've heard about convection in IO throwing models off possibly. Sometimes it really takes a while to get our desired pattern. Each winter is different in varying degrees

First notes I've seen so far predicting/expecting Christmas Holiday time to be actually cold.

JB is smart, but he obviously hypes stuff to get clients. Shouldn't be nothing new there.

Of course he’s trying to get clients doesn’t everyone that has a business selling weather info? So you are right. Nothing new there! But the pattern he’s been showing/pushing for a while now looks mighty good.

Back