Pattern Dazzling December

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
That is an impressive signal for North Atlantic blocking that far out on an ensemble. Now just move that red blob in the Pacific around Alaska and replace with a blue blob around the Aleutians and we might in bidness

Reactions: Rain Cold
Mild winter upcoming according to this wooly worm.
4bc2a5938ea961c38d8da0e5a8f5fd3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a pleasant surprise seeing this much agreement for some stout blocking to be in place as we head into mid December. This is around the time I believed the models were pin pointing this to take place. I would expect the longer this -NAO stays around the more and more muted that SER gets. This pattern can get quite exciting given the right circumstances. Still I would love for some transient +PNA to show up to be able to nudge some much colder air down our way but we are setting up for some CAD down the line into December with this look. Id expect some icy solutions and potentially wintery to start showing up on long range deterministic runs anywhere from December 5-15 … think this is around when the pattern flips more cold for us in NC at least 124E0109-150F-4F57-8487-9C1EFDAC3584.jpeg26A55252-09B7-46C8-A6EA-2730A4CC206B.jpegA8560E5F-5211-4889-9B75-F4A7B53CE62A.jpeg