• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

I’ll go as far as saying there may be a flake or two that flys around Memphis area with the system moving through Monday.
2BBE7F3A-687D-4451-A363-A5B2BBBBDCB6.png

Tuesday storm needs its own thread. It's legit. Really all we need is a little stronger forcing and expansive precip shield to the north, and these weak gulf lows usually have that. I'm all in
Definitely not at this point. We got one round of NAM runs. NAM is known to head fake in the long range. We need consecutive runs and additional support from other models.

Definitely not at this point. We got one round of NAM runs. NAM is known to head fake in the long range. We need consecutive runs and additional support from other models.
Gfs, euro, icon, etc all have precip making in to upstate, SC on Tuesday. NAM might be the only model showing a North Carolina hit right now but I don’t think this is a NC only board right?

Gfs, euro, icon, etc all have precip making in to upstate, SC on Tuesday. NAM might be the only model showing a North Carolina hit right now but I don’t think this is a NC only board right?
Correct but more than likely you will be too warm in SC for anything more than maybe a quick flake before 850s warm above freezing. Further into NC would have a better chance at a longer initial winter precip time IF precip actually made it up there.

Correct but more than likely you will be too warm in SC for anything more than maybe a quick flake before 850s warm above freezing. Further into NC would have a better chance at a longer initial winter precip time IF precip actually made it up there.
GFS not seeing this though right? Just the ICON?

I will say that we should watch to see how good the FGEN forcing looks to be. If it’s strong enough it could very easily crash 850s even in a very marginal set up. Right now there seems to be some decent looks on the soundings for northern SC

Really need everything to trend further south so I can be in the game,

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Yep, it's on it's way to cutting off in future NAM frames (not far even)

I am not expecting any snow out of this pattern. I am expecting very cold temperatures and a wild and crazy meteorology day Friday. I am probably going to see really cold temperatures and a really cool meteorology day on Friday. My expectations will be met and I will be happy. When I don’t expect snow to fall and none ends up falling my feeling will be neutral to that fact and i will have a net positive feeling about everything. This is protecting my mental health.

Back