• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

CMC Ens 5-day mean for Dec 22-27. Run 2 days ago vs. today's run

fOvmOhY.gif

The looks coming up is almost a blockier version of jan-Feb 2014, but the cutoff subtropical strength ridge over the Arctic is what separates this one coming View attachment 126334View attachment 126335View attachment 126336View attachment 126337
That looks really good. I might be wrong on this, but for SE snowstorms, I seem to remember an old post that Allan made one time that showed that it is ideal to have the negative anomaly center over TN. Regardless, the image above looks quite chilly!

CMC Ens 5-day mean for Dec 22-27. Run 2 days ago vs. today's run

fOvmOhY.gif
Brutal. It's nice to see better placement and deeper cold as we work in. Still have to get down the home stretch, but we are usually trending in the opposite direction.

As an aside, I know it's not possible, but I wish all of these vendors who like to use the same color scale would also use the same numerical scale. Like, green for provider A is -.001F and green on provider B is -538 C.

Euro is getting closer and closer to interacting the TPV-pac trough the right way, when that happens a piece of the TPV is sent towards us, a western ridge pops, and the other part gets sucked in the pacific trough, which feeds it, love to see that euro trend.

Can’t draw it up better than this. Beautiful position of the +PNA blowing up out west.. piece of additional energy following behind our arctic airmass dump and TPV.. oh and there’s nowhere for these pieces to go under that western based -NAO … yeah that could work.

Neat bonus feature: a ridiculously anomalous -EPO CEF278B9-3543-4FEC-9547-68FC45A4B698.jpeg

Back