• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Can’t draw it up better than this. Beautiful position of the +PNA blowing up out west.. piece of additional energy following behind our arctic airmass dump and TPV.. oh and there’s nowhere for these pieces to go under that western based -NAO … yeah that could work.

Neat bonus feature: a ridiculously anomalous -EPO View attachment 126354

This looks similar to the pattern with the storm last January.

Seems like chances of anything frozen ahead of or with the arctic blast are very slim for us. Best odds right now would be something dropping down on the backside of the polar vortex as it eventually relaxes and moves east. Maybe in the 25-28th timeframe.
Eh I would say run to run changes are fairly extreme right now. Ensembles have a plethora of different solutions still. I wouldn’t count anything out as of right now until we get more clarity on exactly how things play out. But regardless I do believe after Christmas has a good shot at giving us something as well. When you get this much cold air and blocking/+PNA to play with you can mold up a lot of different scenarios where we score.

Eh I would say run to run changes are fairly extreme right now. Ensembles have a plethora of different solutions still. I wouldn’t count anything out as of right now until we get more clarity on exactly how things play out. But regardless I do believe after Christmas has a good shot at giving us something as well. When you get this much cold air and blocking/+PNA to play with you can mold up a lot of different scenarios where we score.

Exactly, some of the best winter weather around the Carolinas comes from this set-up along with a surprised system from Baja to Kansas. Main concern up until this point was the dump out west, but Rain made a great point the Indian ocean tropical mass moving east. Will impact everything in the Pacific along with the Aleutian block.

Seems like chances of anything frozen ahead of or with the arctic blast are very slim for us. Best odds right now would be something dropping down on the backside of the polar vortex as it eventually relaxes and moves east. Maybe in the 25-28th timeframe.
I'm just gonna put the water hose inside, get it room temperature. Go outside Christmas eve night and hook it to the spigot, start spraying everything. If my pressure washer wouldn't freeze up and do damage, id dead series run it, yard would look like Sugar Mtn in 30 mins

Metwannabe has been tinkering with the 12z Canadian and Euro op: Almost carbon copies of each other:

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.conus.png

prateptype.conus.png

Back