• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Absolutely love this trend. Connecting/ phasing some Arctic energy in Canada to our big cutoff means a stronger cutoff and and longer lasting deep cold low over the Eastern US-great lakes, this allows more Arctic cold air to funnel in as well View attachment 125495
Agree and the operational Euro is showing the same trend.

ecmwf_z500_vort_namer_fh132_trend (1).gif

Meanwhile over in Tucson it’s supposed to get up to 73F today. Tomorrow afternoon when I arrive it’ll be 40F and dumping rain.

Some southern arizona cities/towns and their elevations. Plus expected snow totals

Yuma: 200ft

Phoenix: 1,000ft

Tucson: 2,500ft

Nogales: 3,800ft

Sierra Vista: 4,600ft

Oracle: 4,800ft

Bisbee: 5,500ft

Summerhaven: 8,200ft

Ski Valley: 9,100ft

Flurries down to 3,000ft, 1-6” from 4-5,500ft. 6-12” from 5,500-7,000ft, 12-18”+ above 7,000ft

Last edited:
00z EPS showing a nice block over top near the arctic ocean, ridge near the west coast, and the trough over central and eastern US during the week before Christmas.
14b2111e21f3777172e6f0326aa146a1.jpg

Sent from my SM-A136U1 using Tapatalk

Not all of this will actually fall. Not all of this will still be on the ground. And with a little luck, perhaps we can extend this SE a bit. But, I'd say the N. American snowpack will be mighty healthy ahead of any artic intrusions that come near and beyond Christmas.
gfs_asnow_us_60.png

Not all of this will actually fall. Not all of this will still be on the ground. And with a little luck, perhaps we can extend this SE a bit. But, I'd say the N. American snowpack will be mighty healthy ahead of any artic intrusions that come near and beyond Christmas.
gfs_asnow_us_60.png
Man thats impressive..dont recall seeing that kind of snow in December ever! With incoming artic air should make for some nice temp profiles for incoming waves..good times

gfs_asnow_us_60.png

If we can build that snow pack over MO, TN and KY that would be huge.

Back