• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully more details soon about the economic relief packages and specifically the checks to individuals.... a couple of snippets below

The Trump administration is seeking $250 billion in payments to Americans starting April 6, followed by another $250 billion cash payment round beginning May 18, according to the working draft of the plan obtained by Fox Business Network.

The two payments to taxpayers would be identical and the amounts would vary by family income and size, according to the Treasury Department document on the "Stage Three" coronavirus proposal.

The Washington Post first reported the document.

Mnuchin said adults would receive an immediate payment of $1,000 and children would receive $500 under the current proposal. A family of four would receive as much as $3,000. If the crisis is still ongoing in six weeks, Mnuchin said, the federal government will deliver another round of checks worth the same amount of money.

"That's a lot of money to hard-working Americans who are at home," Mnuchin said.

It's unclear what the income threshold will be for Americans to qualify for the checks. However, according to the Hill, Senate Republicans are reportedly considering making the limit $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 for couples.

“I think it’s clear we don’t need to send people who make a million dollars a year checks,” Mnuchin said earlier this week.

First confirmed case in Pitt Co, kind of surprised it took so long, 10th largest city in NC over a quarter million people in the county etc....current person is a male that had traveled to a infected area out of state....

Hopefully more details soon about the economic relief packages and specifically the checks to individuals.... a couple of snippets below

The Trump administration is seeking $250 billion in payments to Americans starting April 6, followed by another $250 billion cash payment round beginning May 18, according to the working draft of the plan obtained by Fox Business Network.

The two payments to taxpayers would be identical and the amounts would vary by family income and size, according to the Treasury Department document on the "Stage Three" coronavirus proposal.

The Washington Post first reported the document.

Mnuchin said adults would receive an immediate payment of $1,000 and children would receive $500 under the current proposal. A family of four would receive as much as $3,000. If the crisis is still ongoing in six weeks, Mnuchin said, the federal government will deliver another round of checks worth the same amount of money.

"That's a lot of money to hard-working Americans who are at home," Mnuchin said.

It's unclear what the income threshold will be for Americans to qualify for the checks. However, according to the Hill, Senate Republicans are reportedly considering making the limit $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 for couples.

“I think it’s clear we don’t need to send people who make a million dollars a year checks,” Mnuchin said earlier this week.
BS on the $75k. That’s upper middle class. They should get some money also.

Lets hope these numbers don't pan out...

NEW YORK, (Reuters) - The state of New York tested 8,000 people for the coronavirus overnight in what may be the largest batch of testing to date in the United States, likely leading to a spike in positive cases once results come in, Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday.

As a result, the state may see 110,000 hospitalizations and about 25,000 to 37,000 people needing intensive care unit beds at peak time in five to six weeks, the governor projected.

Lets hope these numbers don't pan out...

NEW YORK, (Reuters) - The state of New York tested 8,000 people for the coronavirus overnight in what may be the largest batch of testing to date in the United States, likely leading to a spike in positive cases once results come in, Governor Andrew Cuomo said on Thursday.

As a result, the state may see 110,000 hospitalizations and about 25,000 to 37,000 people needing intensive care unit beds at peak time in five to six weeks, the governor projected.

Unfortunately I think they may, NY is a ticking time bomb with the logistics there and close contact people have. Add in all the people who could be carrying this but no symptoms and it's a disaster waiting to happen. I expect they will be one of the hardest hit cities.

Now we are starting to get a clearer picture how bad this virus is. I have had the flu one time and nearly died from it. I told my wife I ever get that sick to just kill me. I can’t imagine with my asthma what this virus will do to me. Hopefully nothing like these stories.

Unfortunately I think they may, NY is a ticking time bomb with the logistics there and close contact people have. Add in all the people who could be carrying this but no symptoms and it's a disaster waiting to happen. I expect they will be one of the hardest hit cities.

Probably right, and it will eventually get like that in most major metro areas, there will be no one peak in the US but rather multiple spread out peaks, once the daily deaths start hitting 100-200 a day the seriousness of this will sink in....

Probably right, and it will eventually get like that in most major metro areas, there will be no one peak in the US but rather multiple spread out peaks, once the daily deaths start hitting 100-200 a day the seriousness of this will sink in....

I expect all the large cities will get hit hard. Places like RDU, Charlotte, Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, etc. from this. I feel like each state should be locking things down instead of waiting on the federal government to do it but I imagine soon with the cases nearing 10k we will see a national shutdown happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back