• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vaping and it’s effects with the virus will be something to watch as more young people get infected. Especially with the fact that their all in Florida right now. I can say I’m not one of those in Florida.

You gotta remember there is a lag effect due to the incubation period of the Virus. So any Social changes won't be reflected in the numbers for 7-10 days.

You're not listening to reason and you've got your head up your ass if you think people are going to live forever. That kind of pie in the sky denial is why the world is in a panic. Grow a pair.

Gonna answer this?

weatherfide said:
There is an article from the New York Times about flu researchers in Washington state that found the evidence of community spread way before that case. Also, cdc is now researching previously reported flu like illnesses for corona per press conference today.
Are you referencing the article below from the NY Times? It only states the virus was in the Seattle area nursing home before being reported. Not before the 1st US case was reported. Also, the CDC's previous flu deaths being investigated posthumously are also within the 1/20/20 time frame. So again, unless you have any scientific material that you can actually document here then you're just making it all up in your head and I for one don't appreciate the spread of misinformation. You can't just say "nothing happened the last 3 months" and we were OK when the virus didn't even show up to our shores less than 2 months ago. To add to that, Georgia just had it's first Coronavirus death. If you want to say that we should go back to work and you don't agree with the shutdown then that is fine and it's your opinion. But these other statements you are presenting as fact need to be backed up. If you can prove it then by all means please do it because we all want to learn here.

This is the post I am still responding to: We were ignoring it for three months and were just fine. Yes, we should go back to work! But some of us should take added precautions.

This is the only NY Times article I can find referencing anything early about the Washington outbreak and it doesn't go along with what your trying to say here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/03/us/coronavirus-washington-death.html

I also searched WSJ, WaPo and couldn't find anything.

I say we're still three weeks away, at the earliest, from peak. But that's just my guess.

It will also be more like a plateau, and there will be multiple ones in different parts of the country at different times even....it will be May/June before we get a really good idea of where we stand on this thing.....but you 100% spot on about the 3 week timeframe look for a gradual increase for the next 7-10 days then it will go boom for a while probably....

Italy now reporting 475 dead today. Just reported on Fox

You have to wonder there was some kind of mutation that occurred in Italy that is making it that much deadlier. I mean the numbers from there are staggering and don't match what the rest of the world is seeing. I know their population is older, but still. Something is going on over there and it isn't good.

You said it more eloquently than me

"We have chosen to save lives not the economy." Trump

He also said it best. You can replace stocks,jobs,the economy but you cant replace a life.
There was no middle ground in the choice and he, our govt made the right one. We will bounce back somewhere down the road. Lets save as many lives as we can, money isnt everything folks.

We don’t want to become authoritarian, but if we find that age and two or three heath conditions cause 99% of the deaths and nearly all of the need for life saving measures, can we not make them stay isolated?

I can’t believe I just said that.

I know this isn’t the political thread. But here goes. Trump is proving during this crisis he has a heart and cares about lives of every American. Trump is sacrificing the economy he built to save as many lives as possible. I’m proud of his efforts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back