• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the bubble for a national lock down is quickly passing.....they will lose the momentum if it doesn't happen quickly. They may simply leave it to each state, which although politically is savvy, may not be the best tool for flattening a curve--see Florida.

Keep in mind that a total shutdown has thousands of moving parts, it's not as easy as "Ok we're on lock-down, shelter in place". The military, states, national guard, local LEO's, emergency managements, etc etc have to be given lead time to prepare. Obviously any lock-down doesn't send everyone home. First Responders will never get sent home, you can't have anarchy
I prob shouldn’t reveal this but my friend in trooper school was released to go home. That never happens. He withheld a lot of information from me but a few things he told me...well everyone should just prepare for a slow transition is all I’m gonna say.

I liked the question about issues of getting test kits and Atlanta was mentioned. Hopefully more testing will happen soon because with a city the size of Atlanta and the surrounding metro counties, I can’t buy the number of positive cases Georgia is reporting. Our bars and restaurants remain open.

I have also been told by good friend in Canada connected to govt this.
Reason rhetoric between China and US is picking up and both countries asking others to leave is this.
a second wave is now affecting China but they are not testing them to cover and save their economy.

They die everyday in assisted living. They go there to die, peacefully and with pain meds if needed. If we are shutting down to keep very old people alive, it is folly.

Guessing you dont have many elderly family members. What you're saying is screw other peoples parents and grandparents.

Reason rhetoric between China and US is picking up and both countries asking others to leave is this.
a second wave is now affecting China but they are not testing them to cover and save their economy.
Interesting. If so, China will be the only major country with economic stability and growth. They will have won the world. If we continue down the shut-down path, we are going to be ruined and the country will splinter into factions. The death rate from the civil wars will far surpass anything Corona could have thrown at us.

One of our local restaurants Arnold’s has announced they will shutdown today only. And do drive through. But if they do not make the 3,000 needed to pay employees. Then Arnold’s will open there dining room back up on Friday so they can make enough money so they don’t go bankrupt. He said he has no idea what will happen if he opens up going against states law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bird flu Breaking out now in the same place where corona virus started

They die everyday in assisted living. They go there to die, peacefully and with pain meds if needed. If we are shutting down to keep very old people alive, it is folly.

I wouldn’t be that harsh but I agree and I understand your point. My guess is that most of these same older persons that have died would have died if they had the flu. It’s not a popular opinion in here but it is a possibility. Lots of research will be done after this brief outbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, figure this. If we lose the economy who will be there to pay for the surviving old people's health care? Who will be earning income and paying taxes? The young will lose everything to save your almost dead grandmother? Who will be able to afford to help them at the end of life? Do you think young people are going to be ok with that? What sane nation sacrifices the future of it's young to try and save the old?

The left has no problem slaughtering the unborn but they are more than happy to throw out everything including the kitchen sink to save those at the end of life so that they can live a few more months? Makes no sense.

Dude, I've made it clear on here before my political views (considered right winger by many) and I have made my opinions about abortion known to all but this type of rhetoric will not get any type of support from me. Morbid

Cases/deaths in Italy ramped up today, which is unfortunate after it seemed like they might have been flat lining some the last few days.

Gonna answer this?

weatherfide said:
There is an article from the New York Times about flu researchers in Washington state that found the evidence of community spread way before that case. Also, cdc is now researching previously reported flu like illnesses for corona per press conference today.
Are you referencing the article below from the NY Times? It only states the virus was in the Seattle area nursing home before being reported. Not before the 1st US case was reported. Also, the CDC's previous flu deaths being investigated posthumously are also within the 1/20/20 time frame. So again, unless you have any scientific material that you can actually document here then you're just making it all up in your head and I for one don't appreciate the spread of misinformation. You can't just say "nothing happened the last 3 months" and we were OK when the virus didn't even show up to our shores less than 2 months ago. To add to that, Georgia just had it's first Coronavirus death. If you want to say that we should go back to work and you don't agree with the shutdown then that is fine and it's your opinion. But these other statements you are presenting as fact need to be backed up. If you can prove it then by all means please do it because we all want to learn here.

This is the post I am still responding to: We were ignoring it for three months and were just fine. Yes, we should go back to work! But some of us should take added precautions.

This is the only NY Times article I can find referencing anything early about the Washington outbreak and it doesn't go along with what your trying to say here.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/03/us/coronavirus-washington-death.html

I also searched WSJ, WaPo and couldn't find anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back