• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work for a f500 company and can work from home. Im still nervous about my job (even with 12 months savings put aside). I can't imagine the fear with those in service industry that are shutting down.

Hopefully when this virus is over. America’s govt and Americans realize to not depend on other countries to supply. Especially China that threatens to not supply us pharmaceuticals. America needs to put Americans back to work! Be willing to pay a little extra for quality over a knock off. I work for a company 80% of our products we have made here in USA! The other 20% we can not because we give the items to make them to other countries. Support America and American jobs first!
China going be big giant we better watch ... we ever get in war with China . Well imagine rest

There is an article from the New York Times about flu researchers in Washington state that found the evidence of community spread way before that case. Also, cdc is now researching previously reported flu like illnesses for corona per press conference today.

The Chinese government didn't even publicly admit that there was an outbreak till Jan. 9th, and the seriousness of the situation didn't become apparent until Jan. 23rd. The US government declared a national Public Health Emergency on Jan. 31st and on that same day announced travel restrictions for foreign travelers with recent China visitations & mandatory quarantines for American citizens who recently traveled to Wuhan.

It was a remarkably rapid response, especially considering that Beijing covered up the problem for so long.

620aa7f6991032211e32b84308f71b98a31611.jpg

As much as I hate the idea, they may have to ration sales of certain items. Old folks can't run to the store every morning and wait for the truck.
Our church has teams doing it for them as well as us networking for supplies we cant get at store for them, donating to them. Also if they can or need to get out, several retailers, DG for example is only letting them in first hour. Store is as stocked and clean as it will be all day.

If the virus isn't bad, the looters will be

Ahhh so now there’s gonna be a purge? Obviously just kidding but there will be problems there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the $1000 check goes to anyone over 18?

There's different plans being floated in both the House and the Senate; one proposal has a payment per adult in each household while another has payments per each adult as well as each child in the household. Yet another is based on a sliding scale (a family of three gets $1,446, a family of five gets $2,206, etc).

Some plans make it a one-time distribution, while a couple of others make it a monthly payment. The most likely scenario is that they'll hammer out a compromise combining aspects of the different proposals.

Check this article out. You can google search bar it off daily mail or use link on drudge.
People with Type A blood are MORE likely to catch coronavirus than those with Type O, study claims
By Joe Pinkstone For Mailonline14:53 EDT 17 Mar 2020 , updated 20:45 EDT 17 Mar 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back