• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched a clip on the news from india and it reminds me of the early days of the virus in some other countries. People dying on the sidewalks and huge funeral pyres burning.

They also showed videos of the religious pilgrimages with tens of thousands of people crowded together at the ganges river. Disaster in the making right there.

If one can survive the "ritual washing" in the Ganges, one can survive almost anything. (It's perhaps the filthiest river in the world).

But in any case, they are taking brutal hit right now. I hope they can get it under control.

If it’s really that bad there, their numbers are a complete farce. They only reported 2,600 deaths yesterday, which adjusted for their enormous population isn’t much more than the US is reporting now.

I do suspect their deaths are way undercounted, though, and have been since the beginning. The same is likely true of much of the developing world.

Yeah watching some of the videos of the funeral pyres burning it would seem in such a large and populated nation that if one crematorium has 20 fires burning in a city of 20 million that other crematoriums are seeing equal numbers and the death toll is way underreported.

Cases are starting to nosedive again. I think we’re in the closing stretch with vaccinations ongoing.

7C9B3CDA-2600-4135-8C2D-53251AF367EE.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back