• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole selling point for lockdowns. To keep hospitals from being over run. OPEN UP. Ship has sailed.

Nah, It makes them feel safer knowing their is a stay at home order while they disregarded it and go to a restaurant to eat all the while judging people for eating in a restaurant.

Oops did I say that out loud?

Nothing’s stopping the back to normal train, whether right or wrong (I do think right). Some things might become custom for some (like my dad made a comment about masks that really surprised me and then doubled down, although I don’t quite buy that he’s going to actually do it), but besides some possible differences, this country is largely going to be back to normal by summer.

I still don’t know if I’m going to get a COVID vaccine but I consider it a great thing that my mom, who is somewhat higher risk, is going to get one soon.

Nothing’s stopping the back to normal train, whether right or wrong (I do think right). Some things might become custom for some (like my dad made a comment about masks that really surprised me and then doubled down, although I don’t quite buy that he’s going to actually do it), but besides some possible differences, this country is largely going to be back to normal by summer.

I still don’t know if I’m going to get a COVID vaccine but I consider it a great thing that my mom, who is somewhat higher risk, is going to get one soon.
My wife got hers, has a weaker immune system. Im gonna pass. And my daughter a teacher is gonna pass on it as well. Young ladies thinking of possibly having children someday should pass it up imo, unless you are in a high risk .

Hey, check out worldometer Corona Virus stats. Look at the death per million population. There is definitely a demographic shift present in these numbers. The more "European" your nation is, the higher the death rate. Why do you think that is? Is it because there are more older, vulnerable people in these groups? Is it something in the DNA of these groups? Is it something else? Very interesting...

My wife got hers, has a weaker immune system. Im gonna pass. And my daughter a teacher is gonna pass on it as well. Young ladies thinking of possibly having children someday should pass it up imo, unless you are in a high risk .

There is nothing out there that suggests women should be concerned getting the vaccines if they want to have kids.

I've been reading up on how the mRNA vaccines work. I wonder how long the cells that are duped into making the Corona receptor protein, keep making that protein? If that cell reproduces, do the new cells also make the protein? Don't you need an "off" switch? If they go on like this, won't this continually tax your immune system, making it mount a defense against this protein, all the time? It never gets to take a break and never wins the battle. Seems like the very definition of an auto-immune disorder if this is so.

I've been reading up on how the mRNA vaccines work. I wonder how long the cells that are duped into making the Corona receptor protein, keep making that protein? If that cell reproduces, do the new cells also make the protein? Don't you need an "off" switch? If they go on like this, won't this continually tax your immune system, making it mount a defense against this protein, all the time? It never gets to take a break and never wins the battle. Seems like the very definition of an auto-immune disorder if this is so.

You're likely going off old information then:

In an email, Morrow provided the AP with an article referring to a 2018 journal review on mRNA vaccines co-authored by Dr. Drew Weissman, who has studied mRNA for decades and participated in groundbreaking research on the molecule. Morrow noted that in the 2018 article on “mRNA vaccines — a new era in vaccinology,” a number of possible adverse effects for mRNA vaccines were listed, including concerns about autoimmunity.

Weissman said such concerns weren’t applicable with the COVID-19 vaccines because they use a new kind RNA, which would not cause autoimmune disease.

Modified mRNA vaccines have since been given to people for five years now.

“There is no data that says an mRNA vaccine can cause an autoimmune disease,” he said in an email. “I have not seen or heard of a single report that mRNA vaccines cause autoimmunity.”

You want everything to open up yet won't do something as simple as wear a mask or get a vaccine to do it. I don't get folks like that.
The "shutting" everything down and putting masks on healthy people was, and is, never about controlling the virus. It had no appreciable affect on it's spread and ultimate waning. It's a weak virus with a very low mortality rate for almost all groups of people. The correct course should have been prescribed recommendations for at risk groups and nothing more. Rely on personal responsibility and judgement and not corporate mandates.

The "shutting" everything down and putting masks on healthy people was, and is, never about controlling the virus. It had no appreciable affect on it's spread and ultimate waning. It's a weak virus with a very low mortality rate for almost all groups of people. The correct course should have been prescribed recommendations for at risk groups and nothing more. Rely on personal responsibility and judgement and not corporate mandates.
Weak virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back