• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very telling info charts at tonights pc. The difference in cal and Washington flattening their curve compared to NY and NJ who where a week plus latter mitigating where sobbering.

Figuring out what was going to happen was never the problem. Figuring out the logistics of taking this virus head on without the resources in place, very little time to prepare and the monumental task of doing all of that without crashing our economy and creating a panic is an entirely different set of circumstances. Do you have any experience in that area? Its ok that you dont because those really smart people didnt either
And yet we ended up with a crashing economy and panic anyway.

But we're talking about two different things. You're saying it wasn't possible to prepare for this, given the circumstances, and that nobody did or could have done it better. Maybe, maybe not.

But ending up with A) a crashing economy, a panicked public, and an unprepared healthcare system, while B) actively downplaying this at the beginning justifies the consideration of a connection between those two things. At the very least, it's not good overt leadership at the beginning. That part is not really debatable.

True, but you are not seeing any increase in hospital numbers either.
definitely not an increase like case count, but just 2 days ago Georgia had 678 listed as hospitalized, tonight’s 7:00 numbers were 880 hospitalized. Granted only 202 increase and we dont know how many of those may be ICU. Another bad thing about a lot of Georgia rural areas is that there are locations without a hospital close.

The rubber is gonna really meet the road as we flip into May. Im talking Food supplies, economics, etc. We will be at a huge crossroad and be facing some tough decessions. Im not talking solely virus itself. We got 30 days to flatten this curve, get some leverage. This will unravel fast and is unsustainable much past early May imo. All of us have to dig our heels in. Got a 4 to 6 week bridge to carry us. After that, weve got to start opening up in some way,shape or form.

definitely not an increase like case count, but just 2 days ago Georgia had 678 listed as hospitalized, tonight’s 7:00 numbers were 880 hospitalized. Granted only 202 increase and we dont know how many of those may be ICU. Another bad thing about a lot of Georgia rural areas is that there are locations without a hospital close.

My county had a sizable jump today. They are saying theres only 2 hospitals in Vidants range of facilities across eastern NC that DONT have cases. So there are definitely cases in most local hospitals.

The CDC recommending all public wear masks is a hell of a correction to make after saying they don’t help unless you’re sick and trying to keep from infecting others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet we ended up with a crashing economy and panic anyway.

But we're talking about two different things. You're saying it wasn't possible to prepare for this, given the circumstances, and that nobody did or could have done it better. Maybe, maybe not.

But ending up with A) a crashing economy, a panicked public, and an unprepared healthcare system, while B) actively downplaying this at the beginning justifies the consideration of a connection between those two things. At the very least, it's not good overt leadership at the beginning. That part is not really debatable.
Ok ill buy into that but victory comes in the second half of every fight. We will come out better and stronger as a country and positive changes will be made on all fronts. And we will agree to disagree on the leadership at the beginning because I am looking at this from an entirely different angle than you are.

The CDC recommending all public wear masks is a hell of a correction to make after saying they don’t help unless you’re sick and trying to keep from infecting others.

Hmm wonder where the public will get masks

Ok ill buy into that but victory comes in the second half of every fight. We will come out better and stronger as a country and positive changes will be made on all fronts. And we will agree to disagree on the leadership at the beginning because I am looking at this from an entirely different angle than you are.
You arent alone. Where were all these same arm chair qbs back in Jan? I can tell you, solely focused on impeaching the potus. Its really not worth discussing, espeacilly in this thread. Some folks view this crisis solely as a political opportunity. Is what it is.
Im not ashamed to say that the POTUS, Wh Coronovirus team and overwhelming Majority of American citizens (R @D) have done a spectacular job meeting this challenge and rising to the occasion.

The article explains they will specifically say not to use N95 respirators or medical masks, as they should be reserved for HCP’s — but alternatives such as bandanas.

Yeah. Like bandanas won’t make anyone nervous in convenience stores, liquor stores, banks, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back