• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
nearly 1100 new cases today. GA is quickly becoming a hot spot.
Yea and with an increase in testing ithe numbers are definitely going to skyrocket, I would think the most important numbers to watch of course will be deaths but also the hospitalized. That number at 7 is 885

The problem that Trump has is that his words condemn him and he absolutely refuses to take any responsibility for his actions. He needs to learn that when he speaks, people take note. He needs to learn how to be much more guarded with his language--that would solve many of his problems. But I doubt he will do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean can we have any more reason to hate this virus? Contagious before symptoms and contagious after recovered. This virus is the one we have feared for decades. We are just lucky it's not on the high end in terms of death rates as SARS 1 and MERS.

We are dodging a significant bullet here so far.

The whole world downplayed this. Like I have said many times, its real easy to talk poop about the job somebody else has done when you arent a decision maker. YOU arent in charge of 300 million people. YOU aren't in charge of the worlds largest economy. For all the book sense you have, you dont have a lick of understanding the difficulty of the position any world leader is put in. While the man was being impeached over a bunch of BS he was assembling that team of experts. Those early restrictions saved lives. The only thing you have is a bunch of qoutes, articles and poor, rambling press conferences that dont have jack poop to do with saving peoples lives. Its not Trumps fault he has to deal with a media dead set against crediting him for a damn thing. Rating his job performance because he cant stop talking about himself is petty. To suggest its sad because others support his leadership is even worse. Our country wasnt woefully unprepared because if Trump I can assure you but we are going to come out on the better end of the mortality rate because of the leadership that you and a few others refuse to see and dont want to see. We have a lot of smart, hardworking and innovative people doing the best they can and the best YOU have to offer is qoutes? And here I thought you were smart enough to be above all of that.

Because I disapprove of the man you hold so dear? Who cares. I’m not talking about his impeachment, I’m talking about how this was handled and guess who is in charge and thus responsible?

Get off of me, there’s no reason to mention book smarts and say I don’t know a lick about something. I don’t come on here and personally attack people. What I DO is work the front lines, wear a mask and gloves (only when I can), and give medications to people who are actively sick. Every single day, with a smile on my face. I still even do immunizations to the people who need it (pneumonia vaccine, for example could be life saving if they get COVID) I don’t need you telling me I don’t have a right to judge his response when it directly impacts my life. I fear it’s only a matter of time I get sick because I’m potentially exposed 9 hours a day. His response directly impacts me and America and I’m sorry if you don’t believe that.

Last edited:
Whether you all like it or not, a quarantine of the U.S. is incoming, it's really a question of when than if. Say what you want about other countries, but they have their people listening to the WHO and local authorities. We don't. You can laugh at my post, call me a weenie, or give me a thumbs down, but it's not going to change the outcome. Unless we want to end up like Italy, I would suggest accepting our fate, own up and beat this crap. I love this country, but we haven't handled this well, thus far. Let's change that.

We are NOT the whole world. If I could figure out what was going to happen, then the really smart people sure could have. Unless they did and didn't care.
Figuring out what was going to happen was never the problem. Figuring out the logistics of taking this virus head on without the resources in place, very little time to prepare and the monumental task of doing all of that without crashing our economy and creating a panic is an entirely different set of circumstances. Do you have any experience in that area? Its ok that you dont because those really smart people didnt either

Whether you all like it or not, a quarantine of the U.S. is incoming, it's really a question of when than if. Say what you want about other countries, but they have their people listening to the WHO and local authorities. We don't. You can laugh at my post, call me a weenie, or give me a thumbs down, but it's not going to change the outcome. Unless we want to end up like Italy, I would suggest accepting our fate, own up and beat this crap. I love this country, but we haven't handled this well, thus far. Let's change that.
Great post. I agree with all of it. It's time for action at the Federal level to get this under control.

A friend of mine on Facebook just posted a reminder that we've been down this road with China before, back in 2003:

"In a rare public admission of failure, if not deception, the Chinese government disclosed today that cases of a dangerous new respiratory disease were many times higher than previously reported"

Figuring out what was going to happen was never the problem. Figuring out the logistics of taking this virus head on without the resources in place, very little time to prepare and the monumental task of doing all of that without crashing our economy and creating a panic is an entirely different set of circumstances. Do you have any experience in that area? Its ok that you dont because those really smart people didnt either

This entire line is blown out of the water when he cut Azars recommendation for PPE and the discovery of the Pandemic playbook. Had those 2 things been followed this is different scenario.

Regardless this is too much politics in this thread.

Because I disapprove of the man you hold so dear? Who cares. I’m not talking about his impeachment, I’m talking about how this was handled and guess who is in charge and thus responsible?

Get off of me, there’s no reason to mention book smarts and say I don’t know a lick about something. I don’t come on here and personally attack people. What I DO is work the front lines, wear a mask and gloves, and give medications to people who are actively sick. Every single day, with a smile on my face. I don’t need you telling me I don’t have a right to judge his response when it directly impacts my life. I fear it’s only a matter of time I get sick because I’m potentially exposed 9 hours a day. His response directly impacts me and America and I’m sorry if you don’t believe that.
I appreciate your efforts and pray for your safety. Been there and done that for over a decade fighting a different battle. His response has nothing to do with the impact your are feeling right now and you know this. You were going to be in this fight either way unfortunately so if you want to be pissed at somebody, be pissed at those who dont support his administrations efforts with a desire to see him fail. There are plenty on this board alone and I dont even have to point them out. You absolutely have the right to criticize but "qoutes" are a poor reason. Based on the things I have been privy to, you could have been in a hall of a lot worse position than you are now. Im sorry if you dont believe that.....be safe and thank you for your sacrifice. I know all to well whats it like to put you life in peril.

We've supposedly been 2 weeks away from being like Italy for seemingly close to 3 weeks and I know because I have a marker for this by commenting about it (the time that I did, I was starting to hear about it a few days prior). The good is the overall effects outside of cases hasn't happened yet outside of crowded areas.

We do probably need a little under 21 more days to truly know what direction this is going to go. Others have said it, but it truly is, the month of April is going to be key, and looonnnngggg.

We've supposedly been 2 weeks away from being like Italy for seemingly close to 3 weeks and I know because I have a marker for this by commenting about it. The good is the overall effects outside of cases hasn't happened yet outside of crowded areas.

We do probably need a little under 21 more days to truly know what direction this is going to go. Others have said it, but it truly is, the month of April is going to be key, and looonnnngggg.

I think the painful choices made to lockdown and stay at home are working especially in more rural areas that hadnt seen many cases yet. We have made strong gains in terms of buying even more time in those areas.

Sadly for the hotspots that are blowing up its too late.

I think the painful choices made to lockdown and stay at home are working especially in more rural areas that hadnt seen many cases yet. We have made strong gains in terms of buying even more time in those areas.

That and a lot of the rural spots have reported they have no access to testing, thus no cases.

The problem that Trump has is that his words condemn him and he absolutely refuses to take any responsibility for his actions. He needs to learn that when he speaks, people take note. He needs to learn how to be much more guarded with his language--that would solve many of his problems. But I doubt he will do it.
This is a fault that isnt going to disappear. The more important thing to focus on here is not his language but his ability to put those that do what they do best in the position to help us defeat this. When I watch the pressers, I simply mute the TV when he starts to ramble and fight with the A-Holes in the media. That has nothing to do with saving lives.

Absolutely. When in a nowhere AL DG, people are standing 6ft apart, we are doing well. HD and Lowes need work, but Im really positive on how the rural areas are looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back