• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol this is BS. Quit defending the man, he’s done a poor job. I could give you a million quotes that back this up but it would take all night. It’s just simply sad that we are seeing people continue to say he’s doing a good job. It’s sad.

He has no doubt, 110% changed his tone. (Which is a great thing)

He was being advised, but he no doubt ignored advice.

He WITHOUT DOUBT downplayed this, not just early on, but while it was ongoing. While deaths were occurring in the US he downplayed this, and Dr. Fauci contradicted him left and right.

I honesty can’t believe you’re mentioning Dr. Fauci in a poor light to defend trump. It’s because his advisers? Please.

No one was advising him correctly? Is that the defense? Is that why senators on the intel committee sold all their stocks when the Dow was still at 29k?? Trump’s government had the facts. The White House had the data and projections. Trump just thought with his wallet above American lives.

Look, I am not a Trump basher, and I would argue that he has been attacked unfairly on a lot of issues and misrepresented to an astonishing degree over the last 4 years.

But on this issue he deserves a lot of criticism. Like it or not, he IS the leader of the free world, and the buck stops right here, with him. He has the choice to lead from in front or from behind. He clearly chose the latter.

If we assume the he believes what he Tweets, the you have only 2 conclusions to draw from his early opinions on this issue:

1) He was clueless
2) He was lying

Neither of those is good leadership. I'll give him stopping travel from China. But sticking your finger in a hole in a dam as the dam is cracking, while saying it's all good, is not good leadership.

He, Federal, State, and local governments, as well as the CDC and the WHO were all behind the curve on this...except, of course, those that sold their stocks near the highs.

I'm not saying Trump himself was doing anything nefarious, but some were. And I'd argue that the WHO was intentionally misleading.

Look, you can believe whatever you want. Obviously you hate President Trump, just like I mentioned in my post we all have our biasis. I gave you a direct quote from Dr Fauci when he didn't think it was a problem. It took awhile before he changed his tune. I sure sure don't remember him and Trump having big disagreements. It doesn't matter what I say as you obviously are not going to change your mind. He was most likely trying to stay optimistic. The intelligence committee, both parties, must have known it would at least cause stocks to fall, I give you that.

I don't appreciate appreciate you calling my post bs. I have my opinion and you have yours.

It’s not opinion! That’s the thing. This can be proved, and is very easy to prove. Facts aren’t opinions. Quotes aren’t opinions. That’s all I’m going to say.

IMG_6100.jpg
IMG_6101.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, I am not a Trump basher, and I would argue that he has been attacked unfairly on a lot of issues and misrepresented to an astonishing degree over the last 4 years.

But on this issue he deserves a lot of criticism. Like it or not, he IS the leader of the free world, and the buck stops right here, with him. He has the choice to lead from in front or from behind. He clearly chose the latter.

If we assume the he believes what he Tweets, the you have only 2 conclusions to draw from his early opinions on this issue:

1) He was clueless
2) He was lying

Neither of those is good leadership. I'll give him stopping travel from China. But sticking your finger in a hole in a dam as the dam is cracking, while saying it's all good, is not good leadership.

He, Federal, State, and local governments, as well as the CDC and the WHO were all behind the curve on this...except, of course, those that sold their stocks near the highs.

I'm not saying Trump himself was doing anything nefarious, but some were. And I'd argue that the WHO was intentionally misleading.

I agree 100%

I’ve disagreed with the WHO throughout most of this. Absolutely disgusting job.

I’m just glad Trump has changed his tune. He’s letting the experts talk more and more, and really punching it home. Hopefully, it’s not too late.

A little over 4k if I am not mistaken
That is good. The spot is was checking wasn’t showing any.
I’m my county is trying to get the residents to download an app to report symptoms to the county so they can track the spread. Weird.

It’s not opinion! That’s the thing. This can be proved, and is very easy to prove. Facts aren’t opinions. Quotes aren’t opinions. That’s all I’m going to say.

View attachment 38179
View attachment 38180

They left out a biggie with him complaining of allowing the cruise passengers off because it will just increase the numbers.

They left out a biggie with him complaining of allowing the cruise passengers off because it will just increase the numbers.

There’s a lot left out it’s just the most comprehensive list I can find (and the last bias besides the GOP in the title referring to Burr)...some lists are a little extreme with wording, this one seemed fair.

That is good. The spot is was checking wasn’t showing any.
I’m my county is trying to get the residents to download an app to report symptoms to the county so they can track the spread. Weird.

Worldometer is showing 6,461 recovered cases in the US.

Lol this is BS. Quit defending the man, he’s done a poor job. I could give you a million quotes that back this up but it would take all night. It’s just simply sad that we are seeing people continue to say he’s doing a good job. It’s sad.

He has no doubt, 110% changed his tone. (Which is a great thing)

He was being advised, but he no doubt ignored advice.

He WITHOUT DOUBT downplayed this, not just early on, but while it was ongoing. While deaths were occurring in the US he downplayed this, and Dr. Fauci contradicted him left and right.

I honesty can’t believe you’re mentioning Dr. Fauci in a poor light to defend trump. It’s because his advisers? Please.

No one was advising him correctly? Is that the defense? Is that why senators on the intel committee sold all their stocks when the Dow was still at 29k?? Trump’s government had the facts. The White House had the data and projections. Trump just thought with his wallet above American lives.
The whole world downplayed this. Like I have said many times, its real easy to talk ---- about the job somebody else has done when you arent a decision maker. YOU arent in charge of 300 million people. YOU aren't in charge of the worlds largest economy. For all the book sense you have, you dont have a lick of understanding the difficulty of the position any world leader is put in. While the man was being impeached over a bunch of BS he was assembling that team of experts. Those early restrictions saved lives. The only thing you have is a bunch of qoutes, articles and poor, rambling press conferences that dont have jack ---- to do with saving peoples lives. Its not Trumps fault he has to deal with a media dead set against crediting him for a damn thing. Rating his job performance because he cant stop talking about himself is petty. To suggest its sad because others support his leadership is even worse. Our country wasnt woefully unprepared because if Trump I can assure you but we are going to come out on the better end of the mortality rate because of the leadership that you and a few others refuse to see and dont want to see. We have a lot of smart, hardworking and innovative people doing the best they can and the best YOU have to offer is qoutes? And here I thought you were smart enough to be above all of that.

What is really the most disgusting and disturbing element in all of this is the desire to hide or obscure both the scope of the virus and the lack of testing capability and things happening in some healthcare facilities. I never thought I'd see shadows of Chinese tactics becoming mainstream in the US. It makes me sad, and a little frightened.

The whole world downplayed this. Like I have said many times, its real easy to talk poop about the job somebody else has done when you arent a decision maker. YOU arent in charge of 300 million people. YOU aren't in charge of the worlds largest economy. For all the book sense you have, you dont have a lick of understanding the difficulty of the position any world leader is put in. While the man was being impeached over a bunch of BS he was assembling that team of experts. Those early restrictions saved lives. The only thing you have is a bunch of qoutes, articles and poor, rambling press conferences that dont have jack poop to do with saving peoples lives. Its not Trumps fault he has to deal with a media dead set against crediting him for a damn thing. Rating his job performance because he cant stop talking about himself is petty. To suggest its sad because others support his leadership is even worse. Our country wasnt woefully unprepared because if Trump I can assure you but we are going to come out on the better end of the mortality rate because of the leadership that you and a few others refuse to see and dont want to see. We have a lot of smart, hardworking and innovative people doing the best they can and the best YOU have to offer is qoutes? And here I thought you were smart enough to be above all of that.
We are NOT the whole world. If I could figure out what was going to happen, then the really smart people sure could have. Unless they did and didn't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back