• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The debate to the other side of the coin, Cure becoming the problem. Is legit and why we have precious time to get in front of this.

Coronavirus Latest: Man Shoots Girlfriend, Kills Self After Being Upset About Pandemic, Losing Job, Wilson Police Say
Author: CBS3 Staff
March 31, 2020 at 6:40 pm
Filed Under: coronavirus, Local, Local TV, Roderick Bliss, Wilson news, Wilson Police

The CDC recommending all public wear masks is a hell of a correction to make after saying they don’t help unless you’re sick and trying to keep from infecting others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very much akin to the big banks unloading bad MBS during the financial crisis before finally marking swaps correctly.

It was complete BS when the CDC originally said it. We knew it and they knew it. That's exactly what I mean by corruption. This pandemic is exposing, I mean really exposing, the ideals of the rich and powerful and the rest of us. I think in the end, they are going to regret where this leads.

The debate to the other side of the coin, Cure becoming the problem. Is legit and why we have precious time to get in front of this.

Coronavirus Latest: Man Shoots Girlfriend, Kills Self After Being Upset About Pandemic, Losing Job, Wilson Police Say
Filed Under: coronavirus, Local, Local TV, Roderick Bliss, Wilson news, Wilson Police
I would think this will be far from the norm unless this ---- goes walking dead pandemic. This guy must have been on the edge already

When i saw Wilson i figured it was in NC but it looks like it was Wilson, PA.

I would think this will be far from the norm unless this poop goes walking dead pandemic. This guy must have been on the edge already

Guess it depends on what you mean by on the edge. I feel like a lot of us are on the edge... losing a job during an economic and health crisis is a lot to handle. Hopefully people can get through this. We have a long way to go and I know plenty of people that aren’t in a good place mentally right now...that’s some scary stuff to be inside alone with your demons without a lot of human contact. It doesn’t take long to fall into severe debilitating anxiety and depression. It could only take weeks.

This reminds me to say, if you know someone who lives alone and is laid off...reach out, they may just need someone to talk to right now.

Yes. Nothing is guaranteed, but the numbers would need to exceed 8,000 a day on average to get to 58,000 in the next seven days. Every day it doesn't exceed that number, the deficit of required deaths increases. Today, it was 4,300. Yeah. I'm sure about the bet.

I would think this will be far from the norm unless this poop goes walking dead pandemic. This guy must have been on the edge already
I agree. But when we get to May 1st, a recipe for unrest will have been brewing for 6 plus weeks . With criminals on release, releif money runing out for millions unemployed due to shut down. Big crossroad where tough decessions are gonna have to be made. Problem is no matter which one we chose as a nation, its gonna cost lives. Question will be which one will cost the least.

Guess it depends on what you mean by on the edge. I feel like a lot of us are on the edge... losing a job during an economic and health crisis is a lot to handle. Hopefully people can get through this. We have a long way to go and I know plenty of people that aren’t in a good place mentally right now...that’s some scary stuff to be inside alone with your demons without a lot of human contact. It doesn’t take long to fall into severe debilitating anxiety and depression. It could only take weeks.

This reminds me to say, if you know someone who lives alone and is laid off...reach out, they may just need someone to talk to right now.
What i mean is 99.9% of people dont shoot their girlfriend when they lose job. He must have has serious issues

Yes. Nothing is guaranteed, but the numbers would need to exceed 8,000 a day on average to get to 58,000 in the next seven days. Every day it doesn't exceed that number, the deficit of required deaths increases. Today, it was 4,300. Yeah. I'm sure about the bet.
Sorry I was talking worldwide 200k. Already pushing 50k today. It was around 10-15k about a week ago.

I agree. But when we get to May 1st, a recipe for unrest will have been brewing for 6 plus weeks . With criminals on release, releif money runing out for millions unemployed due to shut down. Big crossroad where tough decessions are gonna have to be made. Problem is no matter which one we chose as a nation, its gonna cost lives. Question will be which one will cost the least.
Are you asking if the virus or social disorder will cost more lives? It's easily the virus unless the food chain supply stops which there is no indication of happening now

Cant win either way really. Shut down the economy and lives will be saved, but there will more murders, depression, anxiety, hopelessness.

189,000 + US Cases.
3,889 deaths.

Cal and Washington state have flattened their curve. Ny,Nj straight up. NY has 1550 of the 3889 deaths.

0.06 is our est mortality rate. China was 4 %, Italy 11% to put in perspective. .000001 is 1 to many though.

Look, you can believe whatever you want. Obviously you hate President Trump, just like I mentioned in my post we all have our biasis. I gave you a direct quote from Dr Fauci when he didn't think it was a problem. It took awhile before he changed his tune. I sure sure don't remember him and Trump having big disagreements. It doesn't matter what I say as you obviously are not going to change your mind. He was most likely trying to stay optimistic. The intelligence committee, both parties, must have known it would at least cause stocks to fall, I give you that.

I don't appreciate appreciate you calling my post bs. I have my opinion and you have yours.
Opinions and facts aren't necessarily equal.

Are you asking if the virus or social disorder will cost more lives? It's easily the virus unless the food chain supply stops which there is no indication of happening now
Talking post May 1 . Falling into a complete economic collapse, Depression.

189,000 + US Cases.
3,889 deaths.

Cal and Washington state have flattened their curve. Ny,Nj straight up. NY has 1550 of the 3889 deaths.

0.06 is our est mortality rate. China was 4 %, Italy 11% to put in perspective. .000001 is 1 to many though.
Did you mean .6%?

The problem that Trump has is that his words condemn him and he absolutely refuses to take any responsibility for his actions. He needs to learn that when he speaks, people take note. He needs to learn how to be much more guarded with his language--that would solve many of his problems. But I doubt he will do it.
He literally said about two weeks ago "I am not responsible." The president of the United States saying that he is not responsible and the buck doesn't stop with him. I can't even process that, let alone those who still think he has handled this or anything well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back