• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me and my son are both sick but I tested negative. My wife who gets tested every Wednesday and Friday has been tired but not sick. Well she tested positive tonight. My guess is since I tested so soon after symptoms i may not be shedding virus yet?
I would think so. I think it’s safe to assume you’re Covid positive given the circumstances, though. :(

Me and my son are both sick but I tested negative. My wife who gets tested every Wednesday and Friday has been tired but not sick. Well she tested positive tonight. My guess is since I tested so soon after symptoms i may not be shedding virus yet?
Hope you all get better quickly man.

My bro continues to generally improve. I’m very pleased. He’s assumed to be two weeks after 1st symptoms.

My ox still averaging 97 (no shortness of breath) but my temp up to highest yet, 100.9, leading to more fatigue. Drinking good bit of water/just took more Tylenol. Sneezing a good bit now with stuffy nose. No soar throat. Not coughing a whole lot. Pretty much no smell. I’m still only 4.5 days since 1st symptoms. So, much earlier into this than bro.

My bro, who is 2 weeks since 1st symptoms, is continuing to improve although he has some lingering coughing and nasal drip. He’s got so much more energy in his voice!

The last couple of days my temp had gone higher and higher and peaked at 102.1 last night, which was 5 days after 1st symptoms. I’ve been taking Tylenol regularly the last few days. But the great news is that I broke out in a sweat just a couple of hours ago and my temp dropped fast to near 98, the lowest in days! Hopefully this is a sign that I’ve turned the corner as opposed to just a temporary reprieve. I’m now at day 5.5.

I’ve had no problems with low oxygen/shortness of breath, thank heavens! My coughing has never been bad at all although I sneezed a lot the last few days. I continue to have weird symptoms like loss of sense of smell and constant weird taste.

Does anyone know if/where one could buy a kit to test at home?

My bro, who is 2 weeks since 1st symptoms, is continuing to improve although he has some lingering coughing and nasal drip. He’s got so much more energy in his voice!

The last couple of days my temp had gone higher and higher and peaked at 102.1 last night, which was 5 days after 1st symptoms. I’ve been taking Tylenol regularly the last few days. But the great news is that I broke out in a sweat just a couple of hours ago and my temp dropped fast to near 98, the lowest in days! Hopefully this is a sign that I’ve turned the corner as opposed to just a temporary reprieve. I’m now at day 5.5.

I’ve had no problems with low oxygen/shortness of breath, thank heavens! My coughing has never been bad at all although I sneezed a lot the last few days. I continue to have weird symptoms like loss of sense of smell and constant weird taste.
Good luck buddy. Hope you are past the worst.

Does anyone know if/where one could buy a kit to test at home?
Glad y'all see to be improving, man. A kit for what?

Glad y'all see to be improving, man. A kit for what?

Thank you! Although he’s presumed to have Covid, my brother hasn’t been actually tested unlike me. So, I was wondering if there was such a thing as a somewhat reliable home test. Also, will I later need another test to confirm it is gone?

Thank you! Although he’s presumed to have Covid, my brother hasn’t been actually tested unlike me. So, I was wondering if there was such a thing as a somewhat reliable home test. Also, will I later need another test to confirm it is gone?
Gotcha. I don't know for sure but I think you can get a test kit for home now. Not sure how, though.

Larry, I hope you continue to improve. If it makes you feel better, loss of smell and taste is statistically correlated to mild cases of covid. So, it’s likely yours will remind mild, if proven positive.

Pixel is the best at home test I’m aware of. See here: https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/at-home-test-kits/covid-19-test-home-collection-kit

It’s very fast and accurate. Also, confirmatory negative tests aren’t recommended because people can test positive for months. It also uses test supplies. Just follow the CDC guidelines of when to return out of quarantine and you’ll be fine!

Larry, I hope you continue to improve. If it makes you feel better, loss of smell and taste is statistically correlated to mild cases of covid. So, it’s likely yours will remind mild, if proven positive.

Pixel is the best at home test I’m aware of. See here: https://www.pixel.labcorp.com/at-home-test-kits/covid-19-test-home-collection-kit

It’s very fast and accurate. Also, confirmatory negative tests aren’t recommended because people can test positive for months. It also uses test supplies. Just follow the CDC guidelines of when to return out of quarantine and you’ll be fine!

Jon,
Thank you. I’ll look into it for my brother. How have you been doing and how long did you have fever and other symptoms for after 1st symptoms?
It appears I had only a temporary reprieve yesterday PM as I’m back up to 101.3 and am very tired again. It doesn’t want to let go as of yet. But thankfully, still no breathing issues. I’m now at day 6.5 of symptoms.

Jon,
Thank you. I’ll look into it for my brother. How have you been doing and how long did you have fever and other symptoms for after 1st symptoms?
It appears I had only a temporary reprieve yesterday PM as I’m back up to 101.3 and am very tired again. It doesn’t want to let go as of yet. But thankfully, still no breathing issues. I’m now at day 6.5 of symptoms.

I never had fever, so I was lucky. My case was mild but I did suffer fatigue for about a month after recovering.

Looks like you’re having a time...fevers suck. You’re around the time where it either stays the same or improves or takes a turn for the worse... do you have a pulse ox and have been following your oxygen saturation? I worry about silent hypoxia, not in you specifically but in a lot of covid patients managing at home. They can have oxygen in the 80s with no symptoms, so by the time they get symptoms they have full blown Bilateral pneumo. So grab one of you can and keep us updated!

Portugal is getting hit pretty hard with the second wave. They just passed 10,000 deaths this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back