• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NC:
1373 pos cases
7 Deaths

Wake County will no longer test cases mild symptoms. Only 65+ or underlying conditions.

140 in state have been hospitilzed as of Monday with Wuhan Virus.

So as others have repeatedly stated im guessing you can take number of pos cases and multiply by 5 or 10 probably to capture mild ,no symptom cases.

What I'm saying isn't that complicated, so stay with me here. Tweeting that it's no big deal WHILE remaining woefully unprepared is dumb and a bad look and sets you up for some justified criticism. Then, once it's obvious to everyone that it is a big deal, and then appearing to react to that is also a bad look and sets you up for some justified criticism.

I am very happy that things are moving in a better direction now, after the horse has left the barn. That's great. I'll give him some credit for that.

But I can also place some blame on his shoulders for at least one of the following:

1) Not understanding the potential magnitude of this from the get-go, thus not activating resources sooner, OR
2) Understanding the potential magnitude of this from the get-go but intentionally misleading everyone and not activating resources sooner, OR
3) Ambivalent to the whole thing until it was clear that it would impact things that were important to him, thus not activating resources sooner

At least one of those 3 is true. And they are all worthy of some level of criticism.
What resources activation are you suggesting? Curious, cause a lot of the resource help we are using to combat this is overwhelmingly private sector generated. Outside getting FDA to cut red tape,the 2 hospital ships, wh corono team guidlines daily press briefings, fema stock, supply chain mngmnt. They take questions everyday now for weeks

What I'm saying isn't that complicated, so stay with me here. Tweeting that it's no big deal WHILE remaining woefully unprepared is dumb and a bad look and sets you up for some justified criticism. Then, once it's obvious to everyone that it is a big deal, and then appearing to react to that is also a bad look and sets you up for some justified criticism.

I am very happy that things are moving in a better direction now, after the horse has left the barn. That's great. I'll give him some credit for that.

But I can also place some blame on his shoulders for at least one of the following:

1) Not understanding the potential magnitude of this from the get-go, thus not activating resources sooner, OR
2) Understanding the potential magnitude of this from the get-go but intentionally misleading everyone and not activating resources sooner, OR
3) Ambivalent to the whole thing until it was clear that it would impact things that were important to him, thus not activating resources sooner

At least one of those 3 is true. And they are all worthy of some level of criticism.
He was preoccupied during the " get go"

NC:
1373 pos cases
7 Deaths

Wake County will no longer test cases mild symptoms. Only 65+ or underlying conditions.

So as others have repeatedly stated im guessing you can take number of pos cases and multiply by 5 or 10 probably to capture mild ,no symptom cases.
Just out of curiosity, what officially constitutes mild symptoms? Anyone asking that question?

Also, why do we not take the same approach for the flu? If the symptoms are mild, don't test.

Just out of curiosity, what officially constitutes mild symptoms? Anyone asking that question?

Also, why do we not take the same approach for the flu? If the symptoms are mild, don't test.
We need a thinking emoji for hmmmmmmm

His press conferences are horrific but that's Trump. But I can tell you based on some pretty strong connections I have that our country was on this from the very beginning. The magnitude and logistics of something like this is unimaginable. Having been in the military my whole life believe me, I understand very well just how monumental this task was/is. Its been impressive what we have done and that credit goes to the team not just the man leading it.

Last I saw was mild constituted anything where supportive care was not needed. Basically any case where the sick was not hospitalized was counted as 'mild'.

What resources activation are you suggesting? Curious, cause a lot of the resource help we are using to combat this is overwhelmingly private sector generated. Outside getting FDA to cut red tape,the 2 hospital ships, wh corono team guidlines daily press briefings, fema stock, supply chain mngmnt. They take questions everyday now for weeks
Resources like PPE, for starters. Ventilators. Extra beds. Etc. Not to mention a general acknowledgement of the situation. All of these things are FINALLY being ramped up. That's really good. I'm glad that red tape is finally getting cut. I'm glad that hosptital ships are finally showing up. I'm glad that the private sector is finally being engaged to start to manufacture items that are necessary a month ago. That's all great. Props to the admin. There's no reason we couldn't have gotten there in January. Zero.

ty
NC:
1373 pos cases
7 Deaths

Rural states are holding up really well at this point.

His press conferences are horrific but that's Trump. But I can tell you based on some pretty strong connections I have that our country was on this from the very beginning. The magnitude and logistics of something like this is unimaginable. Having been in the military my whole life believe me, I understand very well just how monumental this task was/is. Its been impressive what we have done and that credit goes to the team not just the man leading it.
The mobilization taking place now is impressive. Nobody is debating that. The messaging from the beginning against the backdrop of a stunning lack of necessary protective equipment for health care workers, for example, is unimpressive.

Resources like PPE, for starters. Ventilators. Extra beds. Etc. Not to mention a general acknowledgement of the situation. All of these things are FINALLY being ramped up. That's really good. I'm glad that red tape is finally getting cut. I'm glad that hosptital ships are finally showing up. I'm glad that the private sector is finally being engaged to start to manufacture items that are necessary a month ago. That's all great. Props to the admin. There's no reason we couldn't have gotten there in January. Zero.
That's the thing I keep trying to tell you. There is no perfect plan for that. You have private companies retooling their entire operations to make things we need. You think they were going to do that in January before we knew what we know now? NO WAY in hell that happens

The mobilization taking place now is impressive. Nobody is debating that. The messaging from the beginning against the backdrop of a stunning lack of necessary protective equipment for health care workers, for example, is unimpressive.

Yeah, that is the big failure so far is the lack of supplies at the beginning. I don’t know how our government is always slow to have things ready and slow to act in disasters.

Terrible idea for churches to do this. They are opening themselves up to lawsuits and putting people at risk... and not doing their part to slow the spread. Most churches I know have moved to all online activity for now out of respect to state and federal guidelines.

It’s no wonder Texas decided to close its border with Louisiana

That's the thing I keep trying to tell you. There is no perfect plan for that. You have private companies retooling their entire operations to make things we need. You think they were going to do that in January before we knew what we know now? NO WAY in hell that happens
Particularly not if you don't engage them or can't show them that a crisis is coming....which you certainly can't by continually saying a crisis is not coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back