• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
North Carolina CLI surveillance continues to trend in the right direction after peaking in mid-July.

Of course, now is the time of year when CLI typically begins to increase as the flu season starts, so we’ll see how much longer that can last given the upcoming flu season that will strike independent of Covid, though it’s plausible the flu season will be mitigated some this year with all the social distancing measures for Covid.

E14211BA-0FE2-4CB6-B5CF-B0EAE9280E10.jpeg

I got my antibodies test results back and apparently I have never contracted Corona. Not sure how long antibodies stay in your system anyway though

So, I'm supposed to go to the beach with my family next week. It turns out my sister's husband has Covid, but she has tested negative 3 times over the last 4 days. He just left their house to stay with his sister today. They have a baby who will continue to stay with my sister. The baby hasn't been tested.

If my sister continues to get negative tests and the baby doesn't get tested and they both go to the beach, should my wife, my special needs kid, and me go?

So, I'm supposed to go to the beach with my family next week. It turns out my sister's husband has Covid, but she has tested negative 3 times over the last 4 days. He just left their house to stay with his sister today. They have a baby who will continue to stay with my sister. The baby hasn't been tested.

If my sister continues to get negative tests and the baby doesn't get tested and they both go to the beach, should my wife, my special needs kid, and me go?
That's one hell of a situation you got

Personally I think you are fine but man it’s not a easy one.

How many times was he tested? Just curious, I know a few instances now where individuals tested positive and tested negative the next day. No no I'm not saying it's a hoax but there have been noted false positives. If he is positive and everyone he has been in contact with is negative...

Eh probably ok but do you want that hanging over your head? Can you push back a few weeks?

How many times was he tested? Just curious, I know a few instances now where individuals tested positive and tested negative the next day. No no I'm not saying it's a hoax but there have been noted false positives. If he is positive and everyone he has been in contact with is negative...
He has it for sure. No smell or taste but that's it. Another thing is, one of my friends had 6 family members infected from a small child who was asymptomatic. It can be quite contagious.

Eh probably ok but do you want that hanging over your head? Can you push back a few weeks?
Can't push it. Given my situation with our child and all of the things he's got going on, I can't risk it. I mean, there's risk every time you leave your home. But this seems like foolish risk to me.

I wonder what the world wide excess death numbers look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back