• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still having non/family members test positive around me so I’m still paying attention. I’m just glad it’s not in my family. Selfish but true for most I assume.

378 Covid fatalities reported in Florida on Worldometers. Clearing out the holiday weekend backlog, I’d guess.

Cant beleive oe Roy denied a request to allow the parents to attend college football games this Saturday,spaced out. Talking roughly 400 people max in 30 to50,000 seat stadiums,outside ,sunshine. He has no science ,data,metric,common sense to justify this action other than gain a political advantage/leverage down the road. Ill ride by baseball,softball fields packed to the brim with fall ball tommorow morning,resteraunts 50% capacity etc. Yet Roy says more than 50 inside KBS spaced out is just to dangerous. He doubled down Thursday. CAN NOT WAIT TO FIRE THIS CLOWN.

If the kid is 17 and at High school the parents can go to the game, but if he's 18 and at UNC or NCstate you're endangering your life. lol

None of it makes sense anymore everyone is just pooping and falling back in it. Theoretically by the rules they shouldn't even be playing

This post is my impression, but i feel Cooper lost the will of the masses. Some of his stuff just made zero sense. Don't go to church, but Home Depot and the Hemp Hut are ok. Going to the bar will kill you, but the Brewery next door is ok. Don't go to the Gym if you're an adult because you'll clog up the hospitals, but the local Cheer-leading practice gym for High School girls that is over flowing 4 days a week is healthy for them. And don't send your 17 year old to school, but go ahead and send your 18 year old to the Dorms (and we see how well that worked out!). He and Mandy Spoke out against the NC-Reopen protests in April, but showed support for BLM protests because they wore masks (when we all saw the pictures of MAYBE 50% wearing masks... )

I said to my wife back in April "If you're going to make Covid rules, Make Covid rules that make sense". I personally believe this is where Cooper failed.

This post is my impression, but i feel Cooper lost the will of the masses. Some of his stuff just made zero sense. Don't go to church, but Home Depot and the Hemp Hut are ok. Going to the bar will kill you, but the Brewery next door is ok. Don't go to the Gym if you're an adult because you'll clog up the hospitals, but the local Cheer-leading practice gym for High School girls that is over flowing 4 days a week is healthy for them. And don't send your 17 year old to school, but go ahead and send your 18 year old to the Dorms (and we see how well that worked out!). He and Mandy Spoke out against the NC-Reopen protests in April, but showed support for BLM protests because they wore masks (when we all saw the pictures of MAYBE 50% wearing masks... )

I said to my wife back in April "If you're going to make Covid rules, Make Covid rules that make sense". I personally believe this is where Cooper failed.
Yep inconsistent and confusing messaging is a good way to establish public discord and distrust, maybe that was the goal?

Yep inconsistent and confusing messaging is a good way to establish public discord and distrust, maybe that was the goal?
At this point, I see no reason bars and especially movie theaters shouldn't be allowed to open given what else has been allowed to open (at reduced capacity). But, hey, our state leaders are following "science and data" or some such BS. Except that's just a cop out.

Yep kids at App are doing fine. Not one pos case in NC system has ended up in hospital to my knowledge. But God forbid Any parent sitting 100s of feet apart at an outdoor stadium. Roy not only makes these mandates,he want even speak give reason for making them. Guy is 100% political operative and 0% administrator/ leader for the people of NC. So parents will join many others in WS,Boone,Chapel Hill tommorow crowded in resteraunts,bars wherever a tv is to watch game,then go socialize with jr afterwards.

I get this isnt the political thread and my post get deleted for calling out the govenor. But this is 100% tied to covid and personal. Time someone starts calling out the policies being made and have some transparency about why,what,whens and wheres. The cure continues to be bigger than the original problem with the gap widening by the day.

So, Sweden's approach seems to be working... despite being mocked and chided by most of the western world...

Were they not following the "science" and "data"???? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back