• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's OK. They're outside and totally 6 feet away. Viruses only spread indoors at barbershops, churches, and resturants that Rep. voters go to.

Oh wait...
But it's not like it's just the protests. It's also as mentioned those people gathering regardless of protests or not. Saying it's just the protests alone or reopening alone wreaks of political bias. It's a mixture.

I’m aware that piedmont park had been flooded with people since late April and when I went out and about there had been people not social distancing long before the recent spike.
Yeah but that's literally a single sample. 1 park in a major city. Were you at every Gym across the state or better yet the US? Every Restaurant? Every public space? Every private gathering? You already know the answer there. Private gatherings have gone up and people have slowly stopped wearing masks. Look at the last word in the sentence. People have stopped wearing masks more recently as well which in turn will lead to a stronger surge. Remember, there's two mentalities: lockdown and not lockdown. People are generally stupid and live consistency. The recent weeks have made wearing a mask political so I can tell you a lot less people are wearing masks now because they think it's political or mind control or some other BS. It's not just the protests because the protesters represent a very small number of young adults who have not been social distancing, wearing masks, and have contracted the virus.

So then the virus only effects one group of non-socially distancing individuals and spares another?

Really?
There were not 10,000’s of people all together like there were during these protest. Y’all have to be playing some serious mental gymnastics to actually convince yourself that these protest were not the leading factor of the uptick in cases.

There were not 10,000’s of people all together like there were during these protest. Y’all have to be playing some serious mental gymnastics to actually convince yourself that these protest were not the leading factor of the uptick in cases.

I provided a link with real contact tracing back to 1 single party that contradicts this notion. Im.sure there are hundreds of cases due to protest.

Yall should be thanking them. Didnt yall want to get to herd immunity?

I provided a link with real contact tracing back to 1 single party that contradicts this notion. Im.sure there are hundreds of cases due to protest.

Yall should be thanking them. Didnt yall want to get to herd immunity?
Yes I have been in favor of herd immunity for a long time. It appears most Americans are not though.

Why do I have a feeling this Fall we are gonna get spanked harder than ever before and it lasts well after Christmas?

I mean talk about all the food (all businesses really) that do a fever check losing lots of productivity if someone gets a fever this Fall. Fever tests are required every day and it’s bound to mess up the chain of how we receive and provide goods to people.

I mean talk about all the food (all businesses really) that do a fever check losing lots of productivity if someone gets a fever this Fall. Fever tests are required every day and it’s bound to mess up the chain of how we receive and provide goods to people.
A temperature check takes all of a few seconds. How exactly is that going to mess up the supply chain?

But it's not like it's just the protests. It's also as mentioned those people gathering regardless of protests or not. Saying it's just the protests alone or reopening alone wreaks of political bias. It's a mixture.

I never said it's just from the protests... I was just insulting the idea that certain members push that the protests were NOT responsible for the rise in cases, and it was solely from re-opening. Which was in itself reeked of political bias...

Imagine workers getting paid leave because of a small cold with a fever. Medicine or testing needs to evolve quickly over the next 1-2 months or it’s going to be very hard to distinguish corona fever with everything else.

This will all probably lead to rapid innovation, making use of robotics and tech to replace human labor.

One of my heroes—Roger Williams—coined the phrase “Monstrous Partiality”, which he used to describe those who were unable to recognize the error of their ways because they were so convinced of the rightness of their convictions.

If Williams were alive today he would describe the hard-line right and left the same way. I’m so tired of this monstrous partiality leading to such asinine bickering and political polarization. Everyone is so convinced of the rightness of their cause they cannot see their own hypocrisy staring them in the face.

“It’s the protestors!” “No it’s the stupid Christians!” Blah blah blah blah. Shut up and wear the mask!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back