• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you mean to tell me that Democrat mayors and governors aren't intellectually capable of making their own decisions (based on evidence widely available in the public domain) without prodding from Trump?

Actually, you might have a point there...

The evidence that conservatives (even from their own puppet news networks) were taking this less seriously for the last several weeks is pretty irrefutable and ubiquitous. Collectively this was an obvious nationwide trend, despite the tons of variation in opinion across individual parties and many democrats initially adopting a laissez-faire policy as well...

Even 2-3 weeks later when the issue became increasingly too large to ignore, we were spoon-fed a bunch of happy talk and outright lies largely by the Trump admin and conservative talking heads & their constituency to prevent widespread "panic". Instead we still got panic which coupled to leaving many Americans complacent and the US was woefully unprepared, & now we're paying the price for our incompetence (shocking I know).

Everything is hard to get locally right now. Tell your friend to look online. Johhnys seeds, victory or territorial are among a few I use
If your going to transplant Tomamtoes, raising from seed folks need to get a move on. Everything else with the exception of peppers and Tomatoe plants we do straight from seed. There are alot of folks who prefer to transpkant everything, squash,cucumber etc. But thise will sprout right up, easy good results. Same with Beans and corn.

As part of the order then: “While this virus poses a serious public health threat, the risk to the American public remains low at this time, and we are working to keep this risk low,”

They definitely didn't enact or encourage any measures to help at the time. They said the risk remains low.
And at that time it was.

If your going to transplant Tomamtoes, raising from seed folks need to get a move on. Everything else with the exception of peppers and Tomatoe plants we do straight from seed. There are alot of folks who prefer to transpkant everything, squash,cucumber etc. But thise will sprout right up, easy good results. Same with Beans and corn.
Same here, I only transplant tomatoes and peppers. Everything else is planted as seed.

So you mean to tell me that Democrat mayors and governors aren't intellectually capable of making their own decisions (based on evidence widely available in the public domain) without prodding from Trump?

Actually, you might have a point there...
Pretty obvious to me that some can't, especially in NO. Apparently the only thing they learned from Katrina was to blame the republican president

The evidence that conservatives (even from their own puppet news networks) were taking this less seriously for the last several weeks is pretty irrefutable and ubiquitous. Collectively this was an obvious nationwide trend, despite the tons of variation in opinion across individual parties and many democrats initially adopting a laissez-faire policy as well...

Even 2-3 weeks later when the issue became increasingly too large to ignore, we were spoon-fed a bunch of happy talk and outright lies largely by the Trump admin and conservative talking heads & their constituency to prevent widespread "panic". Instead we still got panic which coupled to leaving many Americans complacent and the US was woefully unprepared, & now we're paying the price for our incompetence (shocking I know).

You're obviously not familiar with how the national incident command system for disaster preparedness & response works, so let me help you out: it's not a top-down but a bottom-up system; the primary responsibility resides with individuals, then municipal governments, then county governments, then the state government, and lastly the federal government.

These tiers of emergency management responsibility are one of the first things they teach you in FEMA's introductory ICS 100 course.

1585682508583.png

You're obviously not familiar with how the national incident command system for disaster preparedness & response works, so let me help you out: it's not a top-down but a bottom-up system; the primary responsibility resides with individuals, then municipal governments, then county governments, then the state government, and lastly the federal government.

These tiers of emergency management responsibility are one of the first things they teach you in FEMA's introductory ICS 100 course.

View attachment 38157
Umm, I'm actually very familiar with the incident command system, I worked for the state government at NC Emergency Management for a while when I attended NC State and constructed lesson plans and career pathways for every position at NCEM, took every class they offered, and assisted with disaster response during Hurricane Matthew, so you really don't need to lecture me on how emergency management works, you're barking up the wrong tree there buddy.

Pretty obvious to me that some can't, especially in NO. Apparently the only thing they learned from Katrina was to blame the republican president

I'll never forget it - we got warning orders to be prepared for possible emergency support operations on Aug. 25th, five days before the Aug. 29th landfall. Of course I was glued to the TV all weekend, expecting Mayor Nagin to pull the trigger on a mandatory evacuation for New Orleans at any minute. Friday came & went - nothing. Saturday came & went - nothing. By early Sunday morning (the day before landfall) I was literally yelling at the TV in disbelief.

The order finally came later that day, but by then it was far, far too late. Years later Nagin was convicted of graft & bribery charges and is now serving a federal prison sentence, but that's a whole other story.

So, what are the odds that this thing is actually airborne too? I mean with the sheer number of cases going up like they are, you have to wonder. I know part of that is just the increase in testing, but still.

Umm, I'm actually very familiar with the incident command system, I worked for the state government at NC Emergency Management for a while when I attended NC State and constructed lesson plans and career pathways for every position at NCEM, took every class they offered, and assisted with disaster response during Hurricane Matthew, so you really don't need to lecture me on how emergency management works, you're barking up the wrong tree there buddy.

This link has the actual plan Trump could have used, its a detailed step by step system, you can read every word and look at all the graphs and data they had, it is a good plan to use especially if there is not any other option other than winging it...if Trump and his team had followed it we would have been much better off....

Last edited:
This link has the actual plan Trump could have used, its a detailed step by step system, you can read every word and look at all the graphs and data they had it is a good plan to use especially if there is not any other option other than winging it...if Trump and his team had followed it we would have been much better off....

Hey --- bitchin' at each other may relieve pressure but it doesn't solve a problem ... in this case fractured 3rd party nerves ...

This link has the actual plan Trump could have used, its a detailed step by step system, you can read every word and look at all the graphs and data they had, it is a good plan to use especially if there is not any other option other than winging it...if Trump and his team had followed it we would have been much better off....

Definitely don't disagree with the points outlined in the document, certainly would be beating a dead horse to reinforce them.

I'm honestly still very insulted someone just tried to tell me that I have no idea what I'm talking about and should familiarize myself the incident command system & emergency management, spare me....

As an important aside, I worked in the planning and homeland security branch (usually just referred to as planning) of the NC State Government's department of public safety and it was MY JOB for two years to recommend courses for other emergency managers to take so they could advance their career(s) in the department, so you could only imagine how much work I had to do, sifting through the hundreds of courses that were offered, understanding the skillset of literally every single emergency manager in all branches of emergency management and trying to fit courses that were not only applicable to their current job, but providing them ones that would advance them to "x" position.

Here's an example of a portion of the training I had to develop for all employees in the operations section. Training would change obviously for each position in the department.

Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 4.20.12 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back