• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of ramifications there. I hope they can contain it, because it means we can if a 2nd wave hits us.

Tryin to find a 2nd source to verify a concerning story I've read about a 2nd wave in china.

EDIT: After poimen posted the link a few pages back theres really no more data to add to that story. It's an important development for China though.

Last edited:
Omg guys... I'm about to start trolling the beard/man cave thread! Came to check out the latest news and its back and forth again! I know it's an internet forum and this crap happens, but this board is 99% of the time a place to go, to get away from the isht you get elsewhere. Keep it that way please. No one has the right answers. It will be a few years before we can even make sense of this crap.

Someone in this thread said that recovered cases aren’t figures into death rate. I’m pretty sure recovered cases are figured into that.

Someone in this thread said that recovered cases aren’t figures into death rate. I’m pretty sure recovered cases are figured into that.
Yeah, the CFR is the total number of all deaths divided by the number of total infected (×100).

Since Dr. Fauci has been quoted so many times on here this is an interesting and relevant article he co-authored in the New England Journal of Medicine.

For those who don't want to read the entire article here's a very interesting paragraph.

In another article in the Journal, Guan et al.5 report mortality of 1.4% among 1099 patients with laboratory-confirmed Covid-19; these patients had a wide spectrum of disease severity. If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2

Been busy ensuring our first responders/front line workers have adequate communications and bandwidths available to do their job; I see haven't missed much here; just the normal nonsense from the doomers and haters.

edit - back to work; enjoy trying to spin this one..

Last edited:
Good news, the Laura Ingraham show had reported a second test out of France showing GREAT results with the malaria drugs.

I have looked at a few research papers. Chloroquin (however it is spelt) without the hydro part seems to be doing the best solo. Combining it with an antibiotic like Azitrhomiacin is promising, that is for sure!

Im not selfish at all. Im concerned about the countless number of deaths that could occur as a result of the economic collapse. Seems like most people are more concerned with the virus than the number of deaths and other consequences such as depression, heart attacks, anxiety, and more as a result of the economy tanking. Im trying to look at both sides and not be so focused on just the virus.

You’re what? 18? A lot worse has happened than this. You have a very myopic and selfish viewpoint. I’m a former medical professional and understand the steps that have been taken. They are working and are what is causing the rates of death to be lower than previously estimated. You haven’t been on this earth long enough to see true suffering from a people.

74e829d42c12ed89f3704f88768b99b9.jpg

In other news, the wife got me a new mug.

Damn you [mention]Sandbar [/mention]!! I got a Boston Butt to put in the smoker tomorrow. I wouldn’t have done it, but your swabby backside made my mouth water with all your talk of smoking pork. Listen up frogman. The next time you decide to talk about smoking and grilling, I expect pictures. I want to compare myself against a teams member who I’m pretty sure has had some grilled afghani goat meat.

Anyone think SC will go into a shelter in place? And those who do think we do (like myself) and those who have already been placed under one, do you think they will start really enforcing it with police and potentially national guard?

Omg guys... I'm about to start trolling the beard/man cave thread! Came to check out the latest news and its back and forth again! I know it's an internet forum and this crap happens, but this board is 99% of the time a place to go, to get away from the isht you get elsewhere. Keep it that way please. No one has the right answers. It will be a few years before we can even make sense of this crap.

Agree totally. Why not start a 'Coronavirus: Opinions' thread? That thread can house the back forth bickering about who is right or wrong based on political stance/age/education/time "studying this vrius"/death rate vs economic impact stuff.

While this thread can contain posts(not discussion) about virus data/govt reaction(not whether it's right or wrong)/where you can find supplies or food.

Feel free to discuss. But do so knowing I'm right and everyone else is wrong(unless you agree with me and then you get to be right too).

Sarcasm in the last paragraph intended.

Agree totally. Why not start a 'Coronavirus: Opinions' thread? That thread can house the back forth bickering about who is right or wrong based on political stance/age/education/time "studying this vrius"/death rate vs economic impact stuff.

While this thread can contain posts(not discussion) about virus data/govt reaction(not whether it's right or wrong)/where you can find supplies or food.

Feel free to discuss. But do so knowing I'm right and everyone else is wrong(unless you agree with me and then you get to be right too).

Sarcasm in the last paragraph intended.
I've actually thought of something similar to this. Maybe a news thread and then a separate commentary or banter thread? Just thinking out loud.

Anyone think SC will go into a shelter in place? And those who do think we do (like myself) and those who have already been placed under one, do you think they will start really enforcing it with police and potentially national guard?

City of Charleston is under a "Stay at Home" order - the city of Greenville is considering this measure
I don't forsee the SC Gov proposing this statewide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back