• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep your mask on in between bites ? That's funny.

I do that at work, it’s really not that difficult. Since it’s an airborne virus, if you can maximize the time you’re protected the better off you’ll be. The guidance is related to this:

“Adults With COVID-19 Twice As Likely To Have Eaten At Restaurants, CDC Study Finds”

Restaurants are spreader events...and going into winter it’s good advice. I don’t eat out because putting my mask on while chewing wouldn’t be enjoyable, and I’m well aware most restaurants have improper ventilation...on top of that I’m not a huge fan of people sitting there drinking before and after dinner pretending it’s a bar when they should eat and leave. I get take out and eat without a mask at home!

You’re outside more in winter than summer? In the summer, people do outdoor activities and work in the yard etc. They go to parks. They’re more mobile, this is a known thing. This is why flu returns every winter. Also lower heat and humidity allows for better spread. That and the holidays allows for more spread as well.

The indoor argument is only one part of the equation, but for example imagine going to visit friends when it’s 80° out and they’re outside drinking a beer on the back deck...you’d go outside and join them, but likely won’t sit directly beside them because you’re outside, you can stand up and maybe walk around. Visit the same friends when the temp is 40°, having a beer inside on the couch, you all sit on the couch and you’re in a smaller area. This is why it spreads more...more frequent gatherings in close quarters.
Of course im outside more in winter than summer. I would much rather be outside when its 60 than when its 95 !

You’re outside more in winter than summer? In the summer, people do outdoor activities and work in the yard etc. They go to parks. They’re more mobile, this is a known thing. This is why flu returns every winter. Also lower heat and humidity allows for better spread. That and the holidays allows for more spread as well.

The indoor argument is only one part of the equation, but for example imagine going to visit friends when it’s 80° out and they’re outside drinking a beer on the back deck...you’d go outside and join them, but likely won’t sit directly beside them because you’re outside, you can stand up and maybe walk around. Visit the same friends when the temp is 40°, having a beer inside on the couch, you all sit on the couch and you’re in a smaller area. This is why it spreads more...more frequent gatherings in close quarters.

This is the southeast. When is it 80 in the summer in the afternoon? Also, it's not the heat that bothers me and other people , it's the swamp @$$ humidity that sends me indoors between June and August (and September on most years). And given the warm winters of late, it's not hard to imagine some people may spend more time outdoors in the winter than in the summer in the deep south.

it's not only weather that drives people indoors in the winter versus the summer. There is less daylight and more social gatherings that are typically indoors: sporting events; holidays; holiday parties; etc, etc.
Maybe Thanksgiving and Christmas should be moved to the summer to help reduce the number of people who get sick.

A few weeks ago I really was doubting that there would be an increase in cases this fall. Now I think it's increasingly likely that the fall and winter months of 2020 will probably be the worst yet. Luckily it won't be as hectic as March of 2020 because suppliers and hospitals have had more time to prepare. Stay safe everyone!

Interesting observation, Spain looks to have already peaked in their “second” wave. Time line looks very similar to the wave in the US that hit the sunbelt states.

This is the southeast. When is it 80 in the summer in the afternoon? Also, it's not the heat that bothers me and other people , it's the swamp @$$ humidity that sends me indoors between June and August (and September on most years). And given the warm winters of late, it's not hard to imagine some people may spend more time outdoors in the winter than in the summer in the deep south.

Lol ok you’re reaching and I’m not gong to do this. People spend more time indoors during winter, this is a fact not opinion. I’m not talking about YOU or the other forum poster who replied to me, I’m talking about the population as a WHOLE. And guess what? They all don’t live in the Deep South. If we all lived in Miami, Florida this wouldn’t be a discussion. Obviously that’s not the point I’m trying to make.

Lol ok you’re reaching and I’m not gong to do this. People spend more time indoors during winter, this is a fact not opinion. I’m not talking about YOU or the other forum poster who replied to me, I’m talking about the population as a WHOLE. And guess what? They all don’t live in the Deep South. If we all lived in Miami, Florida this wouldn’t be a discussion. Obviously that’s not the point I’m trying to make.

I never said Pop as a whole Jon, you inferred that. I said not everyone has nice back yards that are shady and 80 degrees in the summer, and therefore don't spend summer afternoons on their back decks drinking beer. You led your response to Dan with this question:

You’re outside more in winter than summer?

I was just informing you that some people are different than you Jon, and that it is ok.

Pro Tip: When you say "I'm not going to do this... " don't actually then write a paragraph about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back