• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m wondering what’s the deal with the case spike in NC this past week. We are regularly reporting 2k+ cases per day now after being in the mid 1ks recently.

The daily cases reported in the individual states really cannot be trusted. Check out this graphic that ALDH decided to drop online. They stated there isn’t a plan to add this to the states dashboard.

Argentina has had one of the longest and most severe lockdowns in the world, IIRC, and yet they're nearly as bad as the USA now (and will probably be worse than us sooner than later).

Yep it’s impossible to stop a highly contagious virus no matter how draconian the lockdown measures are, especially for countries bordered by land from other countries.

Lockdowns where to prevent a run on hospitals as thats what the fear was at the begining. It needs to end yesterday. We all have to just face the facts and quit kicking the can down the road. Its gonna run its course no matter what. Hard medicine to swallow,but lockdowns just drag this mess out longer and the cure has ended up being twice as worse as the problem.

UK reports 13,972 new cases and 50 new deaths.
Beligum reports 5,327 new cases and 16 new deaths.
Poland reports 4,394 new cases and 35 new deaths.

Lockdowns where to prevent a run on hospitals as thats what the fear was at the begining. It needs to end yesterday. We all have to just face the facts and quit kicking the can down the road. Its gonna run its course no matter what. Hard medicine to swallow,but lockdowns just drag this mess out longer and the cure has ended up being twice as worse as the problem.
Eventually they will realize that. I just hope it's not too late and past the point of no return.

So what are your opinions on why COVID cases are skyrocketing again? I thought around now we would be on a steep downward trend with cases and not see an uptick until around Thanksgiving. School and college in session? More bars opened? When I go to grocery store, WalMart, Home Depot, etc. I see over 90% of the people wearing masks. Our church is having services but families are seated socially distanced and masks are required for indoor services (not outdoor but social distancing rules are applied)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back