• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally ended up with a COVID postponement in the SEC, it's Vanderbilt that caused it.

Funny thing is, they apparently created a "bubble" and it failed.

There's been close calls before then though, Missouri has apparently been having some major COVID issues but they haven't been pushed to not being able to play.

Plus, it is self reported and a lot of Covid patients are going to say they wore a mask regardless of whether they actually did.
Not to mention how many of these people got it from family members but wore a mask outside the house? How many out themselves in crowded situations?

Not to mention how many of these people got it from family members but wore a mask outside the house? How many out themselves in crowded situations?
Not to mention the fact a percentage had contact with a known case, ate at a restaurant, were in gatherings over 10, went to work, and as you said had the virus in their home.

Now if the study had said 70% percent were working from home and only going out to essential stores while wearing a mask then yeah that would say masks may not be as helpful as hoped

Interesting comments from the WHO. He basically says what I and others against the aggressive lockdowns have been saying... it should only be used in extreme scenarios and lockdowns have far reaching affects that could be disastrous.

I thought that the WHO wasn't credible any more per Trump as well as many conservatives who no longer wanted to have anything to do with them, . Now that it says something that is liked, they're credible? :rolleyes:

Edit: I could only imagine what tr$x, whom I no longer read, is saying about this.

Last edited:
I thought that the WHO wasn't credible any more per Trump as well as many conservatives who no longer wanted to have anything to do with them, . Now that it says something that is liked, they're credible? :rolleyes:

Edit: I could only imagine what tr$x is saying about this.
Are they credible ?

Not really. It's just another tune change from an alleged premiere authority on matters like this. It's not really much of a surprise that so much misinformation and disinformation is so widely disseminated and accepted when there's no consistent message from experts, authorities, and official outlets.

So nobody is credible. Seems about right.

Fauci is still pretty credible imo. He's awesome and one of the best communicators. However, even he (along with the MSM) did horribly when they didn't come out strongly against the crowded protesting. I still can't get over this. And then the MSM has the nerve to go apepoop over the Trump rallies? Double standard!! Of course, I'd love to confront Tr$x about this!

Last edited:
So talked to my friend doing the studies and the news wasnt good. An earlier trial with a drug that was new looked promising but after a review they found no benefit and ended the trial.

A second study using a different drug saw 5 people admitted into the study. It is ongoing but 2 of the 5 had barely any symptoms and were discharged because they were not sick enough to see results. The other 3 have been in the study 2 weeks and have shown no improvement and she thinks all 3 will not survive.

Then they have an antibody trial like the regeneron stuff and she said that so far has been extremely promising. In fact it was doing well and now in a nursing facility setting they can treat covid positive patients AND administer it as a preventative treatment to non-covid residents. Hopefully this study holds true and this works.

Read the study.
Despite over 70 percent of the case-patient participants’ efforts to follow CDC recommendations by committing to always wearing face coverings at “gatherings with ≤10 or >10 persons in a home; shopping; dining at a restaurant; going to an office setting, salon, gym, bar/coffee shop, or church/religious gathering; or using public transportation,” they still contracted the virus.

What points were you referring to from the actual study and not just this article?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back