Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who should be worried are those with preexisting conditions or those who interact with those with preexisting conditions.
40%+ of the US population have chronic health issues, even if the number was less, it’s still going to get worse regardless
For healthy people it’s not going to be fun either

I serve on the board for a Nursing Home. We just have loosend back up several controlls from the flu season we are coming out of. Can't afford to have this bug make it on site. Really concerned for that Nursing Home campus out in Washington.

40%+ of the US population have chronic health issues, even if the number was less, it’s still going to get worse regardless
For healthy people it’s not going to be fun either
Yeah, this notion of "but it targets mainly older people and people with health issues" is really not all that great of a perspective. I mean, who doesn't have people that they love who have health issues or are older?

Yeah, this notion of "but it targets mainly older people and people with health issues" is really not all that great of a perspective. I mean, who doesn't have people that they love who have health issues or are older?
Yeah, my mom, grandpa, lol 50% of my family pretty much has health issues like COPD, fibromyalgia, lupus, and other things, even me my self my immune system is not the best, my white blood cell count is low right now, which is why I’ve been getting sick almost every 2 weeks, I’m not scared of me getting corona, but I just don’t like the thought of family members that have chronic Heath issues getting it

I think this article makes some sound logic. I hope this is correct. It will be terrible if the public panic ends up destroying the Economy, not the virus itself. I myself have purchased some mre's, face masks and a few other things just in case.

Reactions: Refela and BufordWX
Yeah, my mom, grandpa, lol 50% of my family pretty much has health issues like COPD, fibromyalgia, lupus, and other things, even me my self my immune system is not the best, my white blood cell count is low right now, which is why I’ve been getting sick almost every 2 weeks, I’m not scared of me getting corona, but I just don’t like the thought of family members that have chronic Heath issues getting it
lol right. I keep hearing “preexisting conditions.” And I’m like “Damn, I got those.”

At least stock futures are currently up slightly as opposed to down. Maybe that’s due to China opening some things back up? If so, perhaps the low of this mess will end up being the intraday low of Friday.

We’ll see if this holds up. If so, perhaps this means things are not as bad right now as feared back on Friday. In other words, a worse situation may have already been “dialed in” to the Friday closing prices.

Edit: Dow futures remain up about as much as they were an hour ago. However, what I just realized is that they actually opened 300 down vs the Fri close and then quickly went as low as 550 down before major rally to where they are now, about 150 up vs the Fri close, a whopping 700 point rise!

Last edited:
Sam's Club in my area is out of hand sanitizer, as well a gloves. I have 3-4 boxes of nitrile gloves on hand, but several folks were staring at the shelf where a single case lay empty. No issue with Lysol and wipes. Did score hand sanitizer at Wally World, bought 2 - 60oz refills and 4 of the smaller 16 oz sizes. I did notice a lot of traffic at Sam's focused on household cleaning items. The only thing puzzling me at this point is why after following an exponential growth, as of 2/15 growth is starting to level out. This was not seen in upper end pandemics, at-least from my research.

That is what I'm seeing as well. Still getting decent increases in SK, but that could be more catching up with the massive testing they are doing.

Another bit of bad/good news about SK is although one person died, the person must have been one of the critical patients because it dropped from 10 to 9 people critical. Only 9 people critical in over 4,000 is really impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.