• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again leave Flordia alone. I got 3 more weeks. ?

Honestly I think your trip is going to end up getting cancelled.

Some think 43% is enough. It might not be, but this is where I got it from...

It says Indian news, but the study was from University of Nottingham and University of Stockholm.

Honestly I think your trip is going to end up getting cancelled.

Some think 43% is enough. It might not be, but this is where I got it from...

It says Indian news, but the study was from University of Nottingham and University of Stockholm.

Ive seen it discussed as low as 10-20% if the 30-60% of people who have Covid responding Tcells yet have never been infected actually gives some sort of resistance or immunity. However, that is way beyond my ability to understand.

Honestly from the beginning it should have been a nationally coordinated response (instead of being left to the states) with at least 6 months of UBI provided during lockdown to offset those out of work. Masks should have been required early on, but I realize people in the US are too selfish to endure any kind of minor inconvenience that might help their neighbors. People in NY have set aside the personal freedom crap and wear masks so we might not see a resurgence there.
Six months UBI? Even Pelosi would have pitched a tent writing that one. We'll see how unselfish NY is in the upcoming weeks as they open back up.

No but seriously. You think the numbers are wrong? Bad chart?
As a 20-something year old with no known comorbidites I’m not scared personally. The death rate is exceptionally low (likely <0.05%) for people my age. Of course, that doesn’t mean I completely blow off the virus since it will still kill those who are older and less healthy at a much higher rate and I could still become seriously ill even if I don’t die, but I certainly don’t live in a state of continual fear.

However, keep in mind on that chart that deaths will be greatly undercounted over the last 2-4 weeks (since they may not have been reported/confirmed yet), so the downward overall slope isn’t as great as one might infer based off a quick glance of that chart.

Interesting how different people handle the issue. The family I know 3 out of 4 caught the virus. Two of them are 17 days in and still not better and in pretty rough shape but they have some underlying health issues. The other person who caught it is healthy with no underlying health issues that I know of and he is doing great now, it only gave him minor issues for 2-3 days and now he is back out in the fields working. The other person in this household is the youngest, a teen, and has not caught it (or has no symptoms if she does have it).

Interesting how different people handle the issue. The family I know 3 out of 4 caught the virus. Two of them are 17 days in and still not better and in pretty rough shape but they have some underlying health issues. The other person who caught it is healthy with no underlying health issues that I know of and he is doing great now, it only gave him minor issues for 2-3 days and now he is back out in the fields working. The other person in this household is the youngest, a teen, and has not caught it (or has no symptoms if she does have it).

Wonder what their blood types are?

New Jersey is now including probable deaths. They reported 1,809 probable deaths today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back