• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting until the hospitals are nearly overloaded to shut everything down is way too late.

There would need to be a certain threshold before they are overrun that would trigger a lockdown, something that would need to be determined by local leadership as part of an action plan.

We've got to learn how to live side-by-side with this virus. We cant stay at home indefinitely. That said, I wouldn't rule out future lock downs in the winter.

Yeah when flu season hits that alone will probably increase hospital load. We may want to try to get the worst behind us now before flu season hits.

Waiting until the hospitals are nearly overloaded to shut everything down is way too late.
I asked this the other day and didn’t get much of a response. How do you propose to keep people fed and housed if we shut down for that long? I’m not trolling and only want to hear both sides. Our government is too dumb to just take care of it.

We've got to learn how to live side-by-side with this virus. We cant stay at home indefinitely. That said, I wouldn't rule out future lock downs in the winter.
We can adapt, but it's whether people are willing to throw out their "I want it now" mentality when it comes to store limits and social distancing until the virus becomes a low threat overall. A lot of people are starting to become less patient and juts say f masks and don't wear one, then get mad at others for wearing one, and then more people are growing angry at people who aren't wearing one or have to take theirs off for a short time. People are willing to comply, but it's the dangerous percentage of them that get mad at people or companies for trying to protect people and lash out as a result.

I asked this the other day and didn’t get much of a response. How do you propose to keep people fed and housed if we shut down for that long? I’m not trolling and only want to hear both sides. Our government is too dumb to just take care of it.
The treasury will print more and more money to give us until it collapses. Then the real panic starts.

What should happen is that instead of keeping the economy locked down, quasi-locked down, or going back into lockdown, at the cost of trillions of dollars and permanent damage to people's livelihoods and businesses everywhere, they should open up. Instead of trillions in cost resulting from being locked down, they should spend billions of dollars to expand and augment healthcare facilities to accommodate potential overflow and encourage safety measures in public places.

Spend a "little" and shore up the healthcare infrastructure and get things open again, saving a lot.

Last edited:
This is also interesting and it might explain Arizona and parts of Texas some if they're counting them...

California on the other hand, I might have to tell my mom that entertainment might end up shutting back down (she lost General Hospital this time last month and they may be shooting again soon or already are). Apparently some are getting tested multiple times, but right now California is showing that if they weren't quick, they might have been another Italy/NYC with the population they have there. Honestly probably might still wind up going that way.

What should happen is that instead of keeping the economy locked down, quasi-locked down, or going back into lockdown, at the cost of trillions of dollars and permanent damage to people's livelihoods and businesses everywhere, they should open up. Instead of trillions in cost resulting from being locked down, they should spend billions of dollars to expand and augment healthcare facilities to accommodate potential overflow and encourage safety measures in public places.

Spend a "little" and shore up the healthcare infrastructure and get things open again, saving a lot.
This is a (mostly) great idea that makes a lot of sense. I wish it had even a slight chance of actually being implemented.

We are gonna have to shut everything down again asap because we are still getting lagged (& grossly underreported) numbers from ~2 weeks ago. Big shocker, saving the economy at the expense of human lives wasn’t the right move here.
Nope you are flat wrong. How about phase 3 with less restrictions?

My theory: younger people are out after the shutdown, enjoying summer, that sort of thing. So they're the ones getting it right now. Eventually I expect this will trigger outbreaks in more vulnerable populations, but the death indicator is going to lag more than it has in the past.

Somewhat improved medical treatments and increased mask usage by older people may also be helping.

People around here will yank those masks off the elderly if they see them wearing them because it is very anti-mask here since Boone started it first.

People around here will yank those masks off the elderly if they see them wearing them because it is very anti-mask here since Boone started it first.

Eh, people like to act tough on Facebook but nothing happens in reality. I work in downtown Boone and mask usage is way up since we've reopened. Seeing more of it in other stores throughout the county, not just Boone.

Now, when I drive down Main Street in Blowing Rock, almost no one is wearing a mask, but they are outside. Not sure if they're putting them on to go inside or not.

I’d love that being in healthcare construction. Most of our projects are cancelled or on hold due to revenue shortages.

The feds will have to institute emergency laws, bills, & stimulus. If you don’t do anything and keep loosening restrictions then hundreds of thousands or perhaps millions will die.

Weird, GA DPH says it updated but has identical numbers as yesterday. Guess it’s a glitch, but after the record day yesterday, kinda wish they would make sure the data is updating

India reports 15,183 new cases and 426 new deaths.
Pakistian reports 4,951 new cases and 119 new deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back