• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
locally we’ve had huge lines for testing due to summer camps and such. That alone has to have led to increased numbers. I figure plenty of people are testing positive who otherwise wouldn’t have gotten tested.

GA reported changes in 24 hour increments ending on Fri 6/12 through Fri 6/19:

Date...………………...…….. Fri 6/12....Sat 6/13..Sun 6/14..Mon 6/15..Tue 6/16.....Wed 6/17..Thu 6/18..Fri 6/19

Tests (excluding antibodies): 7,493...…….13,254...…..16,286...…..7,089...……...4,218...……..15,450...…….12,696...…..6,556
Cases...……….......….………………....810...……….1,018...………..880...…….733...………...664...…………..952...………….882...…..1,097
Hospitalizations...…………………..108...…………...43.........……..24...…......74...………….132...…………….89...…………120...……..109
ICU...………………….…………..………...15...…………….8...…………….5...………..9...…………...22...…………….19...…………...25...……….13
Deaths...……………...…………...………43......………...28...…...……….5...……...43......……...….35......………….46...…………..30...……….31

The US has reported over 30k new cases today. The first time since May 1st.

Seems to be following travel corridors on both coasts. As people travel more for vacations this is gonna happen. Controlling the hospitalizations will need to be priority as containment is impossible.

Also the crowd pressing herd immunity needs to hole we get more research and data because the new study out of China if accurate and can be peer reviewed is highly concerning. Herd immunity may not work at all.

If I remember correctly I remember seeing a study where T cells from people infected with SARS in 2003 had significant reactions to this coronavirus.

I figure herd immunity will probably just look like the virus "phasing" into another cold.

If I remember correctly I remember seeing a study where T cells from people infected with SARS in 2003 had significant reactions to this coronavirus.

I figure herd immunity will probably just look like the virus "phasing" into another cold.

Yeah I agree.

locally we’ve had huge lines for testing due to summer camps and such. That alone has to have led to increased numbers. I figure plenty of people are testing positive who otherwise wouldn’t have gotten tested.

And most of them won't have symptoms, too. I am sure the number of people who have had and currently have the virus is a lot more than we know, but they won't ever be tested because they will never get sick. That just means the fatality rate is even lower than we know right now. Yes, the virus can be bad for some very unlucky folks, but we know the elderly and people in rest homes are the most vulnerable. They make up a large majority of the deaths, and I bet they make up a large majority of the hospitalizations we are seeing now. But the average daily number of deaths has been on a steady decline for a few weeks. That tells me either we have gotten better at treating it, or it just isn't as deadly now as it used to be.

And most of them won't have symptoms, too. I am sure the number of people who have had and currently have the virus is a lot more than we know, but they won't ever be tested because they will never get sick. That just means the fatality rate is even lower than we know right now. Yes, the virus can be bad for some very unlucky folks, but we know the elderly and people in rest homes are the most vulnerable. They make up a large majority of the deaths, and I bet they make up a large majority of the hospitalizations we are seeing now. But the average daily number of deaths has been on a steady decline for a few weeks. That tells me either we have gotten better at treating it, or it just isn't as deadly now as it used to be.

Did you know that if you get Coronavirus, get put on a ventilator, get on life support (an ECMO) which works as your heart and lungs....and have a stoke, leaving you paralyzed on one side of your body. Have to learn how to walk again, severe muscle atrophy, etc. After ALL of that, you’re considered “recovered”?

So when you read stats that most people recover and only focus on the “lower death rate”, consider there are people suffering out there without actually dying. I think people forget and assume because they’re young they won’t die...well, sure...but it could make your lungs that of a smokers and possibly never be the same again. I had a very mild case and it knocked me on my ass. Covid can change your life forever, without killing you.

I have a close friend doing in hospital clinics trials with covid patients and she says average incubation is 5 days. I think she said they see little to no 7+ day infections. Hopefully if you are 12 days you are clear.

I'll feel better if me and everyone in my family gets through the weekend with no symptoms after our vacation. Monday will be 5 days after we get home.

My incubation period was 11 days...

That's why I want to see the data on the demographics of those hospitalized, how many actually tested positive, how many have been released, and what the average stay is. I still think the virus is not a big deal for the majority of people and we should target those most at-risk of dying and being hospitalized, and cut down on the hysteria. From the very beginning there was evidence that this hurt those 65 and older the most. There was no need to shut everything down when the vast majority of the work force would not be affected that much even if they were infected because the vast majority of the work force is under 65. We could have closed down for a couple of weeks and sent masks to every household and it would have been just as good as closing down everything for months. I still don't get why gyms and bars are not open. I don't think the vast majority of their customers are over 65.

You don’t get why bars aren’t open? Dude wake up. You obviously have not been affected at all by Covid other than being inconvenienced. You know no one close to you who has died or had a bad case...this much is obvious. I’d never wish that on you, but people tend to do a 180 on their thoughts when someone close to them is in peril due to this Coronavirus “hysteria”. There’s no one you can talk to that is a medical professional and knows what they’re talking about??

My friend's fiancé is a nurse. He got fired recently for being a no-show to his job when he was going to get tested for COVID-19 because his temp was too high for him to be allowed in. Weird with the way I described it, but apparently true. But anyway, he's been working with COVID patients and has continued to test negative for months now.
more to the story jobs don’t just fire good people

Reactions: Jon
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back