• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion quick in and out for essentials is the better option. And if it’s crowded, turn around. I’ve never spent 2 hours in a grocery store, but then again I’m in a 2 person household.

I agree with most in the article, virus is likely to be caught when you’re close to someone for an extended period of time. It’s all about proximity. Meaning even a few minutes. That’s why a lot of these positive cases are coming from essential workers...they’re still standing/sitting/working beside the same people every day.

As long as you maintain distance and don’t stand close to someone, you’re fine.

I got it at work because we have about 4-5 employees sharing a 100sqft area behind a counter. It was simply too easy for the virus to jump.

How bad where your symptoms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect shrimp and brisket prices too go up once these places can’t get affordable beef/chicken. Big $$ places like Mc Donald’s or Burger King are not gonna raise prices they will simply not offer any and say sorry out of stock. Sort of like how Wendy’s is doing.
Not like McDonald’s serves real beef or chicken anyways lol

Regarding this article, I may have to rethink my grocery store shopping strategy. I had previously assumed the smartest way is to buy more things at each trip and thus limit the number of trips. However, that means more exposure per trip. If this article is on the right path, it would be better to go for, say, fifteen different 10 minute trips vs, say, two hour long trips.

Opinions?
Is there not a Walmart in your town that has curb side pick up? Best thing ever. I’ve Also been buying many non refrigerated things at Walmart on line and having it shipped. Free shipping on $35 and up. That’s how I’ve been buying toilet paper. I’ve been able to have it shipped to my house.
I go in a small local grocery store just to get meats as I want to see my meats before purchasing. In and out in 15 minutes or less

Exactly.

We’re talking pork and specific cuts of meat.

Might be news to some: fresh meat isn’t the only type of food! Protein comes from many other sources and is healthier. You shouldn’t consume too much red meat anyway, anything more than once weekly isn’t the best for you.

Nothing to see here...
Impossible burger is great, no meat!

Just got back from Walmart. Lots of folks there. Only about half were wearing masks. Nobody was going the correct direction down the aisles.
I just got back from Publix. Only about a third of the people were wearing masks. I passed the same woman, who of course was not wearing a mask, three times. Every time she was going the wrong way down the aisle. She was also on her phone.

Just got back from Walmart. Lots of folks there. Only about half were wearing masks. Nobody was going the correct direction down the aisles.
Overheard multiple people in our Walmart saying, they aren’t going to tell me how to shop, I’ll go whatever direction I want to go. SMH

It's absolutely mind-boggling that even now - after everything that has already been revealed, and all the criticism heaped on them - the WHO continues to kowtow to China.

To date, China has not invited WHO or other external experts to be part of that investigation. Ben Embarek said China likely has the necessary expertise to conduct such studies and WHO has not noted any problems in China’s willingness to collaborate with others.

NC COVID-19 related hospitalizations dropped off to 443 today, which is the lowest since April 22nd. I don’t know if this could be a one-day anomaly or something meaningful, but let’s hope for the latter.
This is good. In my opinion is the key metric in saving to the next phase.

anybody have trouble finding meat for Mother’s Day to grill? We had private shopper who couldn’t find rib-eye, burgers, chicken, etc but there was plenty of ribs

anybody have trouble finding meat for Mother’s Day to grill? We had private shopper who couldn’t find rib-eye, burgers, chicken, etc but there was plenty of ribs

Some cuts of chicken may be hard to find but again I have local stores filled to the brim with pork, steaks, and hamburger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back