• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
younger children in my immediate fam tested positive today but they still eating/drinking as normal.just sore throat. Older people in my family running temp of 105 and on vent still.

To protect privacy of my nephew they said they won’t update official pos case until 4 others test pos. Going by 5’s or something now

This article is not helpful. Not only is testing volume not accounted for, but the number of cases in the last week has nothing to do with the restrictions easing. It's too early to judge the effects of the easing of restrictions.

Agreed. We more than two weeks past our "open" in Georgia and our numbers keep declining. People are still taking it easy which helps. There are certainly more people out and about but things are nowhere near back to normal. It is nice to have the option to seek something if I want it while keeping personal responsibility in mind.

This article is not helpful. Not only is testing volume not accounted for, but the number of cases in the last week has nothing to do with the restrictions easing. It's too early to judge the effects of the easing of restrictions.

WRAL chart is from when the tests are reported...NC dept of health is from when tests are performed. Here is the real 7 day avg from NC.

E5EFEBFC-2EBE-4C97-83E1-A12AE83C6775.jpeg

Agreed. We more than two weeks past our "open" in Georgia and our numbers keep declining. People are still taking it easy which helps. There are certainly more people out and about but things are nowhere near back to normal. It is nice to have the option to seek something if I want it while keeping personal responsibility in mind.

It's taken Germany a month to see an increase in the infection rate again. Place that are reopening may not see an immediate uptick in cases.

"'For every increase in heat of 1 degree Celsius (the equivalent of 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit), we are seeing about 2% decline in transmission,' public-health expert Ali Mokdad, the chief strategy officer for population health at the University of Washington’s Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation, told ABC News. “We find this relationship in our data and possibly it would be more when the weather warms up this month.'”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/he...-slow-coronavirus/ar-BB13Udko?ocid=spartanntp

has anyone heard how school buses and classrooms will be different this Fall? i know several who will be trying to home school for the first time unless we hear something soon

Yep - so far, so good in Georgia.

1589293005076.png

It’s all rigged folks. 242 here now but Tyson brought in private company to test and refuses to release final numbers.

I live in NC and remember reading all the criticism Kemp got for his decisions but it seems like overall things in GA didn’t get too severe.

I’m praying that things don’t end up getting too severe. Unfortunately, it is still way too early to make this call and to say “didn’t” considering the incubation period, the lag time to testing once one starts having symptoms, and the greater lag time to serious symptoms/hospitalizations and even longer to death. Also, it is important to consider that many folks are still avoiding these places as if they’re still locked down out of precaution. For example, of people I know, I don’t know a single person who has chosen to dine in a restaurant. Another example: league bowling has still not started back and bowling alleys are still pretty quiet.

I’d say give it til toward the end of the month to get a much better handle on assessing the effect of the early reopenings. In the meantime, we can hope that warmer temps and higher RH will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back