• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just more data (without editorial comment) ...

FL:

View attachment 41125

Local:

View attachment 41126
Just by my observation of this chart it shows a huge exponential growth in March when we had a lack of testing. This makes me wonder if Florida may have hit their peak earlier than believed and that possibly the graph should be extended earlier to show a more gradual peak.

Interesting report here in the New York Times; apparently the chains of infection within most regions of the US (including four-fifths of the cases in the Southeast) originated in NYC.

View attachment 41127

My son believes he became infected on a trip to NYC and the positive antibody test he had backs this up. Of course there are some on this board that says it was impossible for him to have been infected in NYC in December... so I guess his illness and lab results were imaginary.

Calling @Rain Cold

Now now, Shaggy. I'm sure it was some kind of special Mutara Nebula holiday or something like that. We all know that this novel, super contagious, deadly SARS 1-like Coronavirus came from the wet market just down the street.

Now now, Shaggy. I'm sure it was some kind of special Mutara Nebula holiday or something like that. We all know that this novel, super contagious, deadly SARS 1-like Coronavirus came from the wet market just down the street.

Yeah butthe article shows just how flawed that "research" was. They claim a conference was cancelled when it wasnt. Theres no reason to believe that research at all.

Yeah butthe article shows just how flawed that "research" was. They claim a conference was cancelled when it wasnt. Theres no reason to believe that research at all.
I don't much believe any research around this. Too many rumors and bad "research". My instinct is that we're going to one day learn definitively that it accidentally got out of that lab and definitively that the initial story being told about it came from someone eating a snake was a lie. I don't guess any of that really matters, because we already know everyone lies and the virus is already endemic.

I mean, everyone pretty much agrees that the Chinese lied about/covered up the extent of the expansiveness and the seriousness of the virus from the get-go. We all know they lie all the time. But this one time, we should believe them about the origin of this thing? Yeah ok. I'll take a hard pass on that option.

I don't much believe any research around this. Too many rumors and bad "research". My instinct is that we're going to one day learn definitively that it accidentally got out of that lab and definitively that the initial story being told about it came from someone eating a snake was a lie. I don't guess any of that really matters, because we already know everyone lies and the virus is already endemic.

I mean, everyone pretty much agrees that the Chinese lied about/covered up the extent of the expansiveness and the seriousness of the virus from the get-go. We all know they lie all the time. But this one time, we should believe them about the origin of this thing? Yeah ok. I'll take a hard pass on that option.

Yeah I'm 50/50 on the natural transmission. It's really not a stretch for it to be either one. Viruses have jumped species naturally since the beginning of time. We also know this lab was doing research on these exact type of viruses. I could believe either one with the proper evidence.

A lab accident looks more and more likely.

1589032418269.png

Yeah I'm 50/50 on the natural transmission. It's really not a stretch for it to be either one. Viruses have jumped species naturally since the beginning of time. We also know this lab was doing research on these exact type of viruses. I could believe either one with the proper evidence.
I don't disagree with you on the surface. I mean, there are really smart people who are experts on this subject and can make a case for either option. But in the absence of real evidence that is put out in the light of day by joint, reputable sources, given the lying and the circumstances, I strongly feel like the lab path is the most likely. But, the other option is possible. There's no way not to acknowledge that.

The bigger question for me is, if it came from a lab, was it manipulated? I don't know and I don't know if it's possible for us regular people to ever know for certain. We do know that research and experiments are done on these things all the time. But hopefully that's not the case here. I'm not advocating that it is, although I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility.

I don't disagree with you on the surface. I mean, there are really smart people who are experts on this subject and can make a case for either option. But in the absence of real evidence that is put out in the light of day by joint, reputable sources, given the lying and the circumstances, I strongly feel like the lab path is the most likely. But, the other option is possible. There's no way not to acknowledge that.

The bigger question for me is, if it came from a lab, was it manipulated? I don't know and I don't know if it's possible for us regular people to ever know for certain. We do know that research and experiments are done on these things all the time. But hopefully that's not the case here. I'm not advocating that it is, although I wouldn't totally rule out the possibility.

A big red flag is their unwillingness to allow a team in to investigate. I'm of the firm belief that innocent people dont stop investigations that prove their innocent.

A big red flag is their unwillingness to allow a team in to investigate. I'm of the firm belief that innocent people dont stop investigations that prove their innocent.

No doubt. Beijing recently threatened economic blackmail against Australia and the EU for pursuing a probe into the initial outbreak and China's related actions afterwards.

No doubt. Beijing recently threatened economic blackmail against Australia and the EU for pursuing a probe into the initial outbreak and China's related actions afterwards.

I'm also of the firm belief that we should wipe dollar for dollar our debt from this off our books on what we owe China.

There was a MD, PhD professor NYU Langone I believe in the Dept of Pathology that said it’s pretty much 100% likely it came out of the lab. Reason being is even though Coronaviruses jump species, the odds of SARS-2 jumping so quickly to humans after SARS-1 is zero. Basically, to occur naturally, she said it takes hundreds of years for that to happen. I wish I can remember her name, just searched the entire faculty directory in pathology and nothing rings a bell...but wanted to share.

With that said, it seems pretty obvious where it came from. She also said it likely wasn’t “engineered”, even if the leak was purposeful it doesn’t point to an altered virus, and she believed that a purposeful leaking at the epicenter isn’t logically sound, so she’s on the accidental leak train which is what I agree with.

A few other tidbits she added going off memory here,

She works in vaccine research, specifically of SARS-CoV-1 and now SARS-CoV-2. She said the only hard thing about making a vaccine is supply chain issues.

She said the way the vaccine will be made for RNA viruses is they’ll inject mRNA into the body which then produces proteins and antibodies to fight CoV-2.

She said people are overstating the difficulty of producing such a vaccine just because “it hasn’t been done before” doesn’t mean it’s “hard to do”.

She said the global demand for this type of vaccine never existed, so that’s why. Not because it’s rocket science.

She also said there isn’t another “strain” of the viruses, and strains take years to develop after flowing through the population after substantial antigenic drift and mutations. That because this was just introduced into the human population, it simply hasn’t had enough time to produce another strain like influenza has, and she said it will be “Easy” when making the vaccine to find the virus genomes you’ll want to protect against. Simply because it’s one strain. She used another word other than strain, says she hates the word strain because it provides a false narrative of concern.

I came out of that interview very confident in our ability to produce a vaccine that works decently, the issue seems more to be supply chain and timing. Also getting people to take a vaccine that was hurried...already hear a lot of people saying they won’t take it unless forced.

Cc: [mention]Rain Cold [/mention]

My brother in law still can’t breath on his on. Now my nephew woke up sick this morning and they are gonna test him right away. I have multiple family members sick on both sides that don’t ever come in contact. I guess it’s all better at once while I’m not at work versus this dragging out the whole year.

I'm also of the firm belief that we should wipe dollar for dollar our debt from this off our books on what we owe China.

Private individuals, class action plaintiffs, and even governments are already trying to seek monetary damages from the PRC for this debacle.

Idk what’s going on here. We have the best Walgreens ever IMO that’s 24/7 and they just shut their doors down till Tuesday. Along with Tyson. Both very essential and perhaps the most essential in the county and people are starting to freak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back