• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malaria drug isn’t what it’s all worked up to be. Well gonna give it more time

listen to what the county official said.
They clarified that they wouldn’t force anyone out of their homes. If they were to try and do that it would be 10 steps to far.
It was a poor speech and a great example of someone failing to speak properly and leading to extreme conclusions to reaffirm a conspiracy. They clearly are not doing what they said they would and apologized. Next.

So Glad Potus listened to scientist and embraced what they said. They claimed we would have 2.2 million dead. Instead looks like we will end up 100,00 -150,000, which is still terrible. We took draconian measures, but he lead the country into reducing that 2.2 million by over 90%. Was a great job by the Potus,WH corono team, American Citizens. Now we gotta start the long haul climb back out of the economic hole. No doubt we can do it.

So Glad Potus listened to scientist and embraced what they said. They claimed we would have 2.2 million dead. Instead looks like we will end up 100,00 -150,000, which is still terrible. We took draconian measures, but he lead the country into reducing that 2.2 million by over 90%. Was a great job by the Potus,WH corono team, American Citizens. Now we gotta start the long haul climb back out of the economic hole. No doubt we can do it.

A couple of points to remember: this is far from over (at least if there is a second wave), so the death toll is uncertain. While the president has made some obvious decisions that have helped, the lock downs have probably done more to slow the spread than anything else--and those decisions have been made at the state level.

The president could have done more from the standpoint of preparation before March. In my view he gets a very low score on that. His personal personae in February of attacking the press rather than giving serious warnings to the country did much harm, I'm afraid.

A couple of points to remember: this is far from over (at least if there is a second wave), so the death toll is uncertain. While the president has made some obvious decisions that have helped, the lock downs have probably done more to slow the spread than anything else--and those decisions have been made at the state level.

The president could have done more from the standpoint of preparation before March. In my view he gets a very low score on that. His personal personae in February of attacking the press rather than giving serious warnings to the country did much harm, I'm afraid.

He implemented travel restrictions against China on Jan. 31st, and declared a national Public Health Emergency the same day. What more were you wanting prior to Feb?

EDIT: I almost forgot - even prior to Jan. 31st, the administration ordered American diplomats and citizens to depart Wuhan on Jan. 23rd.

Last edited:
He implemented travel restrictions against China on Jan. 31st, and declared a national Public Health Emergency the same day. What more were you wanting prior to Feb?

EDIT: I almost forgot - even prior to Jan. 31st, the administration ordered American diplomats and citizens to depart Wuhan on Jan. 23rd.

I'll reply just once because I don't want to turn this into a political thread.

Like I said above, the first thing he should have done is taken a different tone publicly. He could have also used the time to make sure that our country had all the resources needed (tests; PPE, etc), and prepared the nation psychologically for what was coming. He--and others--were caught flat-footed. I think that is more than fair to say.

Some say it's unfair; that no one could have seen it coming. Perhaps. But in the end, this is price of leadership, rightly or wrongly. And I speak as someone who is the leader of an organization.

I'll reply just once because I don't want to turn this into a political thread.

Like I said above, the first thing he should have done is taken a different tone publicly. He could have also used the time to make sure that our country had all the resources needed (tests; PPE, etc), and prepared the nation psychologically for what was coming. He--and others--were caught flat-footed. I think that is more than fair to say.

Some say it's unfair; that no one could have seen it coming. Perhaps. But in the end, this is price of leadership, rightly or wrongly. And I speak as someone who is the leader of an organization.

Then I'll reply just one more time in kind: the "tone" was purposeful - he was trying to prevent the equity markets from becoming spooked back in Jan-Feb. And the whole world was caught flat-footed (see: Italy & Spain); anyone who says they saw this coming back in early January is a liar (except for Taiwan; they very well remembered China's deceptions at the beginning of the SARS outbreak).

Even the WHO was denying the possibility of sustained H2H transmission as late as Jan. 14th...of course this is before we knew that WHO's leadership was compromised by the PRC.

BREAKING NEWS: Wilkesboro Tyson plans to not follow orders from The White House or national security infrastructure designation and will shutdown immediately tomorrow through Monday with plans to reopen Tuesday. Rumors say they just received some of the preliminary test results so waiting to see if they try to cover it up or release the numbers.

I usually don't get a flu shot unless I'm forced to because of working in the hospitals. However, I probably won't get this one. I'm afraid they are going to rush into one and I'm wary of the side effects. From what I read the swine flu vaccine caused some serious problems because of that.

Up to 197 now. Tyson said 39 out of 200 tested on Monday were positive. All employee testing will be done by this week and focus will shift to testing Wilkesboro Walmart immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back