• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilkes amends state of emergency after failing to meet White House and NC reopening criteria. Cases have now jumped 3,000% over two weeks with outbreaks confirmed outside of Tyson and increased community transmission.

Wilkes amends state of emergency after failing to meet White House and NC reopening criteria. Cases have now jumped 3,000% over two weeks with outbreaks confirmed outside of Tyson and increased community transmission.
Same thing is happening in my hometown in Georgia. Lots of chicken plants there too.

Wilkes reserves the right to increase restrictions if the spike does not flatten soon. Per amended state of emergency, White House and NC governor reopening appears to be “too soon”.

Went out today for the first time in 3 weeks to this day to go to the Phinizy Swamp (although my parents have been out regularly). Seemed like a lot of other people had the same thing in mind, turns out that we went in what might be the not as popular area, and we found a group that was doing ecology testing on the creek.

Even found a place to dine in and they were enforcing social distancing at least at this place (iHop). The food was slow because there was only one cook, my suspicions are several might not be wanting to work.

Afraid this is gonna hit just as everyone starts to relax and we see a sudden increase again.
Gainesville is lucky they didn't spike earlier given the number of plants there. They will probably keep Georgia's numbers high by themselves.

Wow. False positive tests maybe?

TDOC said of the 586 inmates who tested positive, 580 have completed quarantining our 14 days and are showing no symptoms.

Of the six remaining cases, two inmates are hospitalized and four are asymptomatic but will remain in isolation.

Wow. False positive tests maybe?

There’s definitely going to be false positives, though I wouldn’t expect it to be more than a non-trivial amount. Some of these prison situations make me wonder if the asymptotic rate is higher than expected, though, especially among younger, healthier people. But I’m not a doctor. :)

There’s definitely going to be false positives, though I wouldn’t expect it to be more than a non-trivial amount. Some of these prison situations make me wonder if the asymptotic rate is higher than expected, though, especially among younger, healthier people. But I’m not a doctor. :)

Ive also read discussions on a study that shows that perhaps 30% or so possibly cannot get infected due to antibodies from other Coronavirus infections. That said, the study is way over my head, so that opinion is what it is.

Would actually make sense due to how crazy the virus spreads.

They gave my brother in law some kind of malaria drug today. Been trying get him to drink some Boost drinks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back