• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of hearing about China covering it up. You don’t think the US covers up too? After what I’ve seen locally, no one is honest esp not HR and 99% of big business.

There are a lot of unknowns still with the timeline and China covering things up doesn't help things either. However, from the studies I've seen I would say this was introduced into the US a little earlier than the official numbers say right now. Mid to late December seems to be a reasonable time-frame right now and I personally lean more towards the late December (21st-30th) time period for introduction into the US. It will be interesting to see what they find as various doctors go back through records and try to pinpoint when the first case was.

I could see the last week of December with a few cases here or there but widespread transmission I doubt. A person coming over on a flight might have infected a couple people here or there. Theres this glaring image of this outbreak and that's the speed at which the deaths spiked. Now assuming there would have been earlier transmission we should have seen a large number of unexplained or extra flu deaths and as far as I've read we werent seeing that in Jan.

In order for to believe widespread transmission some very hardnosed irrefutable evidence better be peer reviewed and confirmed.

Why was this virus here for supposedly months without the extreme spike wave seen in deaths? 73k people in less than 2 months.

Attachments

• 20200506_171551.jpg
    20200506_171551.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 6
There are a lot of unknowns still with the timeline and China covering things up doesn't help things either. However, from the studies I've seen I would say this was introduced into the US a little earlier than the official numbers say right now. Mid to late December seems to be a reasonable time-frame right now and I personally lean more towards the late December (21st-30th) time period for introduction into the US. It will be interesting to see what they find as various doctors go back through records and try to pinpoint when the first case was.

Last I saw when I was really looking was that it's thought Patient Zero might have been sometime in October in China, which I believe would be earlier.

I could see the last week of December with a few cases here or there but widespread transmission I doubt. A person coming over on a flight might have infected a couple people here or there. Theres this glaring image of this outbreak and that's the speed at which the deaths spiked. Now assuming there would have been earlier transmission we should have seen a large number of unexplained or extra flu deaths and as far as I've read we werent seeing that in Jan.

In order for to believe widespread transmission some very hardnosed irrefutable evidence better be peer reviewed and confirmed.

Why was this virus here for supposedly months without the extreme spike wave seen in deaths? 73k people in less than 2 months.

Actually...I'm pretty sure, although I can't produce that source off the top of my head, that I saw something that said there was an unexplained spike in negative flu tests in Washington. The deaths stuff would be hard to research by now, but like I said earlier today, there might be a handful of pneumonia deaths that were actually coronavirus.

I want to be clear that I am not one who entertains conspiracy theories. I only brought up the topic because of the story I read and then posted here. On the surface the story appears credible. I think it’s possible to believe in perhaps some earlier strain without getting into wild conspiracies.

Anyway, I just want to make it clear that I am not a conspiracy guy. Quite the opposite in fact.

I don't trust official government anything. They lie and spin a lot. We will almost certainly be the last to know the actual factual truth about anything most of the time. We'll see about Covid....

I don't trust official government anything. They lie and spin a lot. We will almost certainly be the last to know the actual factual truth about anything most of the time. We'll see about Covid....
I asked a jury once ... "So this expert is asking you to believe what the Government publishes? Will you?" ... Lord was it a good verdict ...

I don’t disagree necessarily. It’s hard to know what is true, especially in the (mis)information age. Wild conspiracy theories just add to the uncertainty and are often times driven by someone’s agenda.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked a jury once ... "So this expert is asking you to believe what the Government publishes? Will you?" ... Lord was it a good verdict ...

I had jury duty 2 years ago and it scared me to death. The willingness for people to ignore the law and orders from the judge were frightening.

I don’t disagree necessarily. It’s hard to know what is true, especially in the (mis)information age. Wild conspiracy theories just add to the uncertainty and are often times driven by someone’s agenda.
Oh yeah, totally. Conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately, given the heavy infusion of mainstream media, government, big corporations, and social media, so are conspiracy facts. It's just harder to know the difference now. But one thing you can always count on when thinking about government is human nature. Unfortunately, the old saying about power corrupting has never been more true. And politicians use that to their advantage, on both sides of the aisle, when it's convenient and when it suits their purpose.

Our government is getting more corrupt by the day. And so are others. It's not leading anywhere good and it's going to lead to our demise as a nation. None of that absolves anyone from just making stuff up and peddling misinformation on purpose, but an increasingly corrupt and untrustworthy government creates a breeding ground for this kind of thing. It's really sad.

I had jury duty 2 years ago and it scared me to death. The willingness for people to ignore the law and orders from the judge were frightening.
I was arguing evidence and its weight (or lack of) in closing ... not arguing jury instructions ... ;) ... those were argued in chambers before a juror ever heard the 1st word ... as it should be ... :)

Without a bad second wave Covid-19 will have been a major underperformer. I’m not complaining but it wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. And maybe that’s because the shutdown did its job. Or maybe it’s because it was never what they wanted us to believe it was. Will we ever know?

Oh yeah, totally. Conspiracy theories are a dime a dozen. Unfortunately, given the heavy infusion of mainstream media, government, big corporations, and social media, so are conspiracy facts. It's just harder to know the difference now. But one thing you can always count on when thinking about government is human nature. Unfortunately, the old saying about power corrupting has never been more true. And politicians use that to their advantage, on both sides of the aisle, when it's convenient and when it suits their purpose.

Our government is getting more corrupt by the day. And so are others. It's not leading anywhere good and it's going to lead to our demise as a nation. None of that absolves anyone from just making stuff up and peddling misinformation on purpose, but an increasingly corrupt and untrustworthy government creates a breeding ground for this kind of thing. It's really sad.
I couldn't have said it better myself. I think it's crazy to watch how power influences people and it's something I don't understand. I guess I'll never have major power....ha! Yes, it's both sides of the aisle and it's something that is not going to change. It's hard to believe anything you read concerning the virus, cures, vaccines, etc, which is a total shame. Hindsight is 20/20 but we can't get there until we go forward, which often times is too late.

Wilkes jumps to 181 confirmed as of 8pm with 8 now hospitalized.

Elkin Mc Donald’s confirms worker has COVID19. Sheetz in Mount Airy does the same and shuts down. Both Surry County.

Some folks (especially from a particular side of the aisle on this forum) love to stir up conspiracy theories that aren't supported by real evidence or science. ~10-15% of the population testing positive for COVID-19 antibodies in NY after its been in the country for several months doesn't exactly bode well for the righties in here pedaling the conspiracy theory that this was already running rampant in the US in December because "x" person I know or myself had "_____" symptoms that are similar to COVID-19.

Today I learned Washington Post and Santa Clara county became right leaning.

Who wudda thunk.

Without a bad second wave Covid-19 will have been a major underperformer. I’m not complaining but it wasn’t what I thought it was going to be. And maybe that’s because the shutdown did its job. Or maybe it’s because it was never what they wanted us to believe it was. Will we ever know?

That's all subjective. It's like a tornado hitting your house and not mine and then me saying the storm was an underperformer.

This has been plenty bad for a lot of people. One lady in Missouri lost 7 people to this. My friends grandfather is now on hospice and slowly dying after 3 weeks fighting covid his body has given out.

The projection of 100,000-240,000 US deaths has not changed from the experts, only the president has changed his projections from 60,000 to 100,000 last week (once deaths crossed 60k he was like oh ----! I gotta change my numbers!)

Legit question: How is that an under-performer?

It’s on track to do the damage expected. Everyone was hating on Fauci and Birx saying 100k deaths in the US, literally saying they’re hyping it up and scaring America. “It won’t happen here”...”It won’t be worse than the flu”, they said. Constant quoting of 60k flu deaths to fuel a narrative.

We’re at 74,810 deaths, I think it was justified considering we are seeing a plateau. We’ll easily double flu deaths.

We’ll have a second wave, maybe not as bad but it’s almost inevitable given the plateau and cities opening up probably in a full capacity after phase 3 by fall. I just hope our government is prepared this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back