• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like we’re delaying the inevitable. NC cases keep trending up and we are 5 weeks into this lockdown. Millions have lost there jobs, businesses shutting doors forever. When in history has mankind been able to hide from a virus. I would expect Cooper to push the date back a couple of weeks at his 3pm update.

He says he's optimistic we can move to phase 1 next week.

Yep NC is reopening despite not meeting earlier criteria. Throw earlier guidelines out the window. Those were for big metro but now that rural areas are going up they realize one size don’t fit all. LMAO

because why shutdown Charlotte or Raleigh if Wilkesboro is going up? Funny how Wilkesboro had to shutdown when Charlotte and Raleigh were going up. $$ talks

Wow Kemp is actually doing exactly what I suggested (which may not be a great thing to some people):

Lifted shelter in place except for extending it for the elderly and medically fragile until June 12th. I like trying to stick with a shelter in place for the higher risk populations from here when there's trouble. It may not work as there are issues here, but it's worth a try.

Needless to say, unless we end up having to retract, we "might" head off to La Fayette, GA anyway early in June. My grandma on my mom's side is pretty risky health wise, but I feel like if we ask, she's going to say things that are on the line of: "I'm old anyway, I would rather see y'all than not" because I've already seen her do similar in other cases. I watched my mom question her eating something that gave her issues, and she gave the oh forget it/phooey sign with her hand, then said how old she was.

I also scheduled myself for a hair appointment 2 weeks from now. I will need to sign a waiver, and they're only having 1-2 clients in.

Governor of California has announced closure of all beaches in Orange County.

I don’t get this. As long as people don’t congregate in large groups, the beach should be one of the better places to be. Lots of sun, lots of room, open air....closing beaches is going to piss people off and make them stop following the guidelines.

Feel like we’re delaying the inevitable. NC cases keep trending up and we are 5 weeks into this lockdown. Millions have lost there jobs, businesses shutting doors forever. When in history has mankind been able to hide from a virus. I would expect Cooper to push the date back a couple of weeks at his 3pm update.

I’m starting to hear more chatter among colleagues including myself that we need to slowly lift restrictions sooner than later.

The Facebook video floating around about the MD touting the immune system being weak to everything is a bunch of baloney, but with that said, we can’t stay quarantined all year. He touts he’s taken a lot of immunology and biochemistry and I myself have too — probably around the same amount. The thought that your immune system suddenly forgets how to defend your body after a couple of months of quarantine is utter nonsense. That’s not how it works. In principle it’s a decent thought, yeah you want some type of herd immunity without a vaccine this fall, but his take is an extreme one.

I think the timeline needs to be shortened a bit, considering case count will go up with more testing. Hospitals are fine and they can continue to monitor with the phases... Old and immunocompromised stay home. If that’s not done by June we are just extending it too long imo.

I don’t get this. As long as people don’t congregate in large groups, the beach should be one of the better places to be. Lots of sun, lots of room, open air....closing beaches is going to piss people off and make them stop following the guidelines.

I think they were in large groups that’s why he’s closing again.

Hmm, don’t see how we meet any of the criteria for phase 1 in the next couple weeks. Then again, the criteria were pretty stringent.

Dr. Cohen hinted at that by saying the number of tests are increasing but the % of infections are going down even though the 7 day rolling averages are trending higher.

Once we reopen it’s time to prepare. Cleaning supplies, food, freezer, etc before Fall gets here. I hope the government or media at least encourages the public to have a safety net instead of a mad dash.

Dr. Cohen hinted at that by saying the number of tests are increasing but the % of infections are going down even though the 7 day rolling averages are trending higher.

Yeah but shouldnt that be expected? If you're only testing the sickest patients like NC has been then % of infection per test should also go down as we test more possible cases versus suspected cases?

I’m starting to hear more chatter among colleagues including myself that we need to slowly lift restrictions sooner than later.

The Facebook video floating around about the MD touting the immune system being weak to everything is a bunch of baloney, but with that said, we can’t stay quarantined all year. He touts he’s taken a lot of immunology and biochemistry and I myself have too — probably around the same amount. The thought that your immune system suddenly forgets how to defend your body after a couple of months of quarantine is utter nonsense. That’s not how it works. In principle it’s a decent thought, yeah you want some type of herd immunity without a vaccine this fall, but his take is an extreme one.

I think the timeline needs to be shortened a bit, considering case count will go up with more testing. Hospitals are fine and they can continue to monitor with the phases... Old and immunocompromised stay home. If that’s not done by June we are just extending it too long imo.

That's interesting...seems more and more people are thinking herd immunity and isolating immune-compromised and elderly. It will be interesting to see how Sweden comes out of this.

Reactions: Jon
Prepare by spacing kids apart at school. Maybe hire more teachers. Prepare by having less kids on the school bus if possible.

Prepare to have all Black Friday sales online or through pre order.

Prepare churches to have proper cleaning supplies and plexi glass. They have been closed and forgotten. Long benches just won’t work.

Prepare gas stations with an extra worker to fill up everyone’s gas during busy hours. If they can afford $4 pay raise surely they could?

Yeah but shouldnt that be expected? If you're only testing the sickest patients like NC has been then % of infection per test should also go down as we test more possible cases versus suspected cases?

Yeah, agree. The lack of testing in March/April could have skewed the numbers too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back