• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
56 yesterday now 66 cases in Wilkes today. Hundreds being tested at Tyson may not know results till next week.

I for one am not a subscriber to political conspiracy theories, nor do I put stock into thoughts of the government peddling its own wares or singing its own tune, but ... ?

Last edited:
I for one am not a subscriber to political conspiracy theories, nor do I put stock into thoughts of the government peddling its own wares or singing its own tune, but ... ?

I'm not either, but that just don't look right. You'd think they could investigate and still report up to minute data. It can always be revised later.

Georgia is updating more often than usual. They usually update about 2 times a day but recently they've been updating more often. The number of cases in Georgia is now at 27,476 cases.

My family will know in about 5 days for their test results. Tyson is no longer threatening to fire people for calling out on days of Covid testing. Some managers were corrected on that today.

My cousin said y’all keep shopping at home improvement stores. They ditching out another $300 monthly bonus untaxed and not reporting on w2. He believes it’s based on sales and not Covid relief.

Do not think it's been posted yet, but Georgia State University Biomedical Science recently did a rather small antibodies survey in the Atlanta Metro (believe 8 different zip codes) from 4/17-4/27, 2020. Their findings is 7.1% of their "unbiasedly selected participants " had antibodies to SARS-COV-2. Again it was a small sample of only 142 subjects. They did say these are of course preliminary and have not been peer-reviewed yet.

There are clearly many more people infected than have been confirmed by nucleic acid testing, said Dr. Alexis Bretin.
Persons with antibodies to SARS-CoV-2, who’ve not suspected they’d been exposed to this virus, can readily be found in various Atlanta area neighborhoods, said Dr. Andrew Gewirtz.
Yet, most of the SARS-CoV-2 antibody positive subjects we identified had antibody negative household members, suggesting that asymptomatic carriers may only be moderately contagious, added Dr. Jun Zou.

Link has study at bottom. Also the CDC was doing antibodies survey as well across random homes in DeKalb and Fulton County this week and believe they are using a greater sample size.

The CDC released a report yesterday detailing the progression of Coronavirus within the US from February to April. The questionable of decision by New Orleans city officials to proceed with Mardi Gras celebrations in late February has been discussed here previously, and the report indeed cites Mardi Gras as one of the events which "played a notable role in the early U.S. spread of COVID-19".

1588426100138.png

So strange that the official FL numbers from yesterday versus 11:00 AM today are static. I guess we're ready for Phase 2 ... ?

Wilkes skyrockets to 94 cases. All Tyson. 50 emergency health workers will now be sent to Wilkesboro on Monday to test the most vulnerable at the plant since they don’t have enough tests.

A family member told me her co-worker she works with is on ventilator at Baptist barely hanging on to life.

Wilkesboro officials want to close and deep clean Tyson but President Trump won’t let them. Wilkesboro officials are not taking media questions due to being heavily republican and being at odds with Trump would not be good this close to the election. All elected officials are urged to deny media inquiry and direct them to Wilkes County Health Department until further notice.

Wilkes tops 100 cases. Expected to overtake Iredell County which has twice the population this coming week.

Not enough tests. Count will now update every few hours since other counties are stepping in to help with Tyson explosion.D36361C2-4198-47C6-B2CD-B4B4D4F78D1D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back