• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents live down that way and they told me that Florida said they were going to stop releasing numbers. Also medical examiners have been asked to stop reporting. https://www.businessinsider.com/florida-officials-stop-publishing-coronavirus-death-toll-data-2020-4
This seems concerning, at best........
It is most true; I posted an article on that up the thread yesterday, and a related comment in the Political thread last night ... concerning, disconcerting and absolutely absurd ... I did not see it but my wife told me that about an hour ago Fox said FL is now leading the nation in one of the key infection statistics ... regardless, the State is seemingly on a blind man's path to Phase 2, STAT (being a medical term, pun definitely intended) ....

104* now. One more evening update poss. for Wilkesboro Tyson. Number is expected to triple over the next 1 to 2 weeks and impact neighboring counties.

We have a mask order in Durham County and yet when I was in Blaze Pizza yesterday, almost no one had one on, including the workers.
I think the prevailing wisdom is that people are going to change their behavior after lockdowns are lifted. I don't think that's going to be the case at all, outside of a very short time. We are going to go back to the way we were doing things before. Rapidly.

Our county has seen quite an increase in cases in the past six days but nearly all of them are connected to the Tyson plant in Wilkesboro. Otherwise, there is very little "community transmission" going on. Today I went to Wal-Mart and Home Depot without a mask--but most people were wearing them. Anyway, I think we need to start opening up here.

I think the prevailing wisdom is that people are going to change their behavior after lockdowns are lifted. I don't think that's going to be the case at all, outside of a very short time. We are going to go back to the way we were doing things before. Rapidly.

I think some things are here to stay. Shielding between customers and cashiers being one of them.

I think some things are here to stay. Shielding between customers and cashiers being one of them.
Yeah, I doubt they remove that equipment. But there's no shielding between you and the bag person standing right next to you. And when the cashier handles all the food you just coughed over, at the end of the day, I'm not sure how effective a small shield is going to end up being. I suppose it probably makes people feel better, though.

Wilkes hits 120 cases. Surpasses Iredell County which has roughly 50,000+ more in population.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back