• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watch, the Oxford vaccine will only increase the conspiracy theories. If a vaccine can be developed that quickly, some will just make the leap that it was all in the works from the get-go.

Just watch, the Oxford vaccine will only increase the conspiracy theories. If a vaccine can be developed that quickly, some will just make the leap that it was all in the works from the get-go.
Oh, no doubt. Not sure what the point of that would be though. Hurting everyone just for the fun of it?

Well this is the first post I made on this subject. What are you talking about "spamming the same post over and over"? And why would you dislike a post that offers encouraging news on defeating the coronavirus?
People post before they read. It’s done been posted literally the page before.

People post before they read. It’s done been posted literally the page before.

Sometimes when I'm at work i get a few minutes here and there to post something. I wont have time to read every post and every link so sometimes a double post is possible.

We will all survive if it happens most of us can handle it.

I think it’s pretty clear the IHME model is underestimating deaths on the back side of the curve, both at the local and national level. For NC it only shows something like 30 deaths after today and has deaths falling to basically 0 early next month which seems pretty inconceivable to me at this point. And nationally it only shows around 14,000 more deaths, which I also think is too low. It has the slope of the curve too steep. Europe and the United States have had a much flatter downward trend in the backside of the curve compared to the steep upward trajectory pre-peak. This has been a concern of mine for a while (not that I’m the only one, far from it).

I also don’t know if nationwide cases falling to near zero nationwide over the next few months is realistic, anyways, as much as we might want it to be.

Sometimes when I'm at work i get a few minutes here and there to post something. I wont have time to read every post and every link so sometimes a double post is possible.

We will all survive if it happens most of us can handle it.

? ?

I hope we learn next time we should micro-manage the curve. How foolish was it for the CDC/President/Media to discuss peak or after peak when rural areas like Wilkesboro Tyson are now just STARTING?

Models should have a curve for rural areas too or regions of a state.

As more case results come in there doesn't appear to be any downward trend for the 7 day rolling average for NC. With how Cooper has talked in the past I would imagine we are going to be shutdown for a while longer.

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 2.18.21 PM.png

Very Sad...

"Last week, WFP's executive director David Beasley cautioned the UN Security Council that the risk of large-scale famine in much of the developing world was now "of biblical proportions" as a result of the global pandemic."

"While dealing with a COVID-19 pandemic, we are also on the brink of a hunger pandemic," Beasley told the council. "There is also a real danger that more people could potentially die from the economic impact of COVID-19 than from the virus itself."

serious question would you call the cops on a kids birthday party down the road if they break the people limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back