• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Tyson warned some of my family members awhile back they need to purchase freezers. Chicken and pork is going to be much harder to impossible to find for the Carolinas. Wilkesboro plant is hanging on by a thread at this point.

Trump needs to get ahead of this and freeze prices on chicken/pork SOON or you will be paying over $10/pound but most of you want be able to find any. A bottleneck in a supply chain in Wilkes affects millions of chickens. They are going to be burying a lot of chickens at this rate.

Not too bad. Theres some kind of flowering tree. A Japanese somethinor other. It smells great and people use them for ornamental trees but they are my nemesis. Tear me down every year when they bloom. Usually isnt until a little later in May but they're early this year.

I feel ya! I have a tree allergy that tortured me when I lived in New Jersey. My doctor said I had two options. I could get allergy shots that a I did for a few weeks before deciding to take option. I said three hail Mary's and moved to Southern Florida, where the Ocean breeze keeps the tree pollen blowing away from me. Juniper and elm are my mortal enemies. I used to have a stand-up comedy routine where I'd facetiously take a bit of pleasure in watching forest fires, and call trees stupid for not getting out of the way and greedy for not sharing some of their water to help firefighters fight the flames.

Oh yeah. Itchy eyes means you have allergies. The other guys thing about being tuckered out after walking up four flights of stairs happened to me when I had allergies or pneumonia. Rhinovirus doesn't usually affect the lungs unless you've got some issues with your lungs related to chronic disorders or smoking.

Trump needs to get ahead of this and freeze prices on chicken/pork SOON or you will be paying over $10/pound but most of you want be able to find any. A bottleneck in a supply chain in Wilkes affects millions of chickens. They are going to be burying a lot of chickens at this rate.

Local chicken producer has been holding truck sales around here and lines are long but lots of chicken cheap.

I feel ya! I have a tree allergy that tortured me when I lived in New Jersey. My doctor said I had two options. I could get allergy shots that a I did for a few weeks before deciding to take option. I said three hail Mary's and moved to Southern Florida, where the Ocean breeze keeps the tree pollen blowing away from me. Juniper and elm are my mortal enemies. I used to have a stand-up comedy routine where I'd facetiously take a bit of pleasure in watching forest fires, and call trees stupid for not getting out of the way and greedy for not sharing some of their water to help firefighters fight the flames.

Oh yeah. Itchy eyes means you have allergies. The other guys thing about being tuckered out after walking up four flights of stairs happened to me when I had allergies or pneumonia. Rhinovirus doesn't usually affect the lungs unless you've got some issues with your lungs related to chronic disorders or smoking.

I am allergic to some protein in pecan and walnut trees. This in turn makes me allergic to pecans and walnuts according to my allergist.

They won't kill me so that's good but the sensation I get when I eat them is like eating something really crunchy and coarse say dry captain crunch cereal. After it kind of makes your mouth a little raw drink 3 bottles Tabasco on top of it. Burns like a mofo.

Ok so yall know me and downeastnc are brothers. You posted about Greenville county ( its really Pitt county) and a 150% increase in ODs.

The problem is the WNCT report you linked was from AUGUST 2ND 2019. Thenlady in the article whos son died happened to have died in MARCH 2019.

Do better on sourcing please.

I appreciate the correction. My only regret is that I failed you Shaggy, and dishonored myself and the Cobra Kai dojo.

I appreciate the correction. My only regret is that I failed you Shaggy, and dishonored myself and the Cobra Kai dojo.

Without the regulars going to the hospital to get their meds under the guise of some super painful random health problem I could believe ODs are on the rise. My wifes old unit had alot of those drug seekers and her old unit is currently shut down so where are those people going for their fix?

Local chicken producer has been holding truck sales around here and lines are long but lots of chicken cheap.
We had one in Dobson, Surry County and the police said no more. 5 hour wait time and 200,000 pounds sold. And it was pre-order only

I don’t believe Covid by itself will overwhelm all the hospitals maybe in certain hotspots it will especially like Albany where they were sending patients to Macon in Georgia. That’s why I dont think we’re gonna have many problems until this fall/winter if you combine Covid being in its “wheel house” along with the seasonal flu that is how you overwhelm the hospitals put those two together.

I like Chick Fil A but i hate going to places with huge crowds and long lines. Therefore i usually go to Zaxbys instead.

Same. Love CFA, but I usually only get breakfast cause the lines are shorter.

OMG I just realized what happened when Popeyes ran out of chicken. Such a waste of a police officers time when he or she has to sit outside a Popeyes to keep people from re-enacting "The Fried Chicken Flu" episode of Boondocks.

Without the regulars going to the hospital to get their meds under the guise of some super painful random health problem I could believe ODs are on the rise. My wifes old unit had alot of those drug seekers and her old unit is currently shut down so where are those people going for their fix?

Not sure. The Mexican cartel is currently in a brutal drug war over the meth and fentanyl trade. As I was researching the whole OD and Homicide information, I kept seeing articles about mass murders in Mexico.

I got 120 pounds of chicken last week for $75 at chicken sale last week from one of our local chicken plants. Took place at SC Farmers market. Got in line at 6:15 am waited about 2 1/2 hours before they opened. When I left the line was about 3 miles long

Tenders, legs, and thighs. Packed my freezer. Had to buy In 40 pound boxes that’s why I got so much. After I repacked in smaller portions to freeze I have some form of chicken for about 40 meals for my family of 4. The chicken is fresh and really good. Some people waited in line 6 hours

New data from Cuomo: Almost 25% of New York City residents have coronavirus antibodies
ALLAHPUNDIT Posted at 5:31 pm on April 27, 2020

The sheriffs, police chiefs, and attorney generals in all those counties and cities have affirmed it. Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, West New York, Ohio, NC, SC, and Minnesota officials have also corroborated that claim, in addition to the high volume of suicide, domestic violence and homicide calls. These are natural consequences of people losing their job. Drug treatment centers, homeless shelters, and suicide prevention centers are providing limited assistance or none at all. There aren't any therapist, AA meetings, or group sessions.
Interesting, I truly don’t know the factual support of this claim, and if it’s just localized or widespread, But Miami recorded 7 weeks without a Murder. That’s be the first time since 1957. If you’ve ever lived in or near Miami like I have, you know this is quite a big deal.

I had to work at a local testing sight run by the Georgia Department of Community Health yesterday. There were guardsmen, marshals, nurses, etc... everywhere and not a single patient.

My thought is that the numbers should be lower this week due to the stay at home last week and our lg. In fact, if the stay at home is worthwhile we should see the numbers for the next 1-2 weeks be muted. But. Since we are now reopening, the weeks after that may show the increase which pushes us to a second wave, how concerning that wave will be is unknown. But we didn’t just disappear this virus by not getting our haircut for 22 days....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back