• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting.

He said it is possible the outbreak did not originate in Wuhan, as until January 17, almost all the isolates were type B. In Guangdong, a province about 500 miles from Wuhan, seven of the 11 isolates were type A. "These case numbers are small because few genomes are available for the early stage of the outbreak, before the Chinese New Year travel pre-January 25 would have started mixing patterns up geographically," Forster said.

Comparing to 9/11?

Exactly - my point was why should NJ's C-19 deaths be compared to the death toll on 9/11 (a transitory event caused by a criminal act of terrorism)? Why not compare it to other events and/or causes of premature death?

It's a meaningless comparison, akin to saying "Deaths from heart disease so far this year in the US have now exceeded deaths at the Battle of Antietam"

New symptom of coronavirus includes feet lesions. Yes. I immediately checked my feet.

More than anyone I want to reopen ... robust business makes my clients money, and that trickles down to me as well ... but by damn this does not at all look like a reason to open beaches, restaurants and go back to normal quite yet ... I'll leave politics out of this, but politics and donations and not rational thinking seem to be guiding some hasty moves in the past 12 hours ...

Screen Shot 2020-04-17 at 6.43.28 PM.png

More than anyone I want to reopen ... robust business makes my clients money, and that trickles down to me as well ... but by damn this does not at all look like a reason to open beaches, restaurants and go back to normal quite yet ... I'll leave politics out of this, but politics and donations and not rational thinking seem to be guiding some hasty moves in the past 12 hours ...

View attachment 39693

We really don't have a good playbook to even base decisions on. This virus throws not curveballs but knuckleballs. It's hard to predict. So we have a huge number of asymptomatic cases and that's great news. What if that changes with a subtle mutation and suddenly all of these unknown cases become moderate to severe? We really are guessing on the best course of action to a large degree.

We really don't have a good playbook to even base decisions on. This virus throws not curveballs but knuckleballs. It's hard to predict. So we have a huge number of asymptomatic cases and that's great news. What if that changes with a subtle mutation and suddenly all of these unknown cases become moderate to severe? We really are guessing on the best course of action to a large degree.
Only get one shot at this ... like a trial.
Never, ever ask a witness a question without knowing what the answer will be ...
Hell, at this point the question isn't even properly framed ... but we have "the answer"?

Only get one shot at this ... like a trial.
Never, ever ask a witness a question without knowing what the answer will be ...
Hell, at this point the question isn't even properly framed ... but we have "the answer"?

Outside of hotspots things are calm and moving along but theres so many unknowns. I've read up on the mass seeding event at the Italy soccer game and I realized we dodged the biggest bullet by shutting down the NCAA tourny.

That would have set off an explosion we may not have recovered well from.

Read up on the soccer match and it will scare you but also show you how close we came!!!!

I dont get it. Over 2,000 dying per day. That would put us at over 60k before April 30.
It has deaths trailing off pretty quickly. Likely too quickly, IMO, but hopefully not. It is also based on social distancing measures staying in place through the end of May, which is definitely not going to be the case nationwide at this point. I think it's probably too low personally, but I hope it's not too far off. Keeping deaths under 100k would certainly be a realistic goal to shoot for, although I suspect the actual toll will be higher given there are Covid-19 deaths that are probably being missed as we speak (and this is true worldwide, not just in the US).

Outside of hotspots things are calm and moving along but theres so many unknowns. I've read up on the mass seeding event at the Italy soccer game and I realized we dodged the biggest bullet by shutting down the NCAA tourny.

That would have set off an explosion we may not have recovered well from.

Read up on the soccer match and it will scare you but also show you how close we came!!!!
Just waiting for 60,000 students to return from hither and yonder, and then 90,000 rabid Gators to re-fill The Swamp ... 40.000 of them traveling here from points unknown ... Yes, it will be great again ... when the time is right ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back