• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tyson plant in Wilkesboro does their daily temperature checks in this little guard shack with people crammed in side by side. I wish the media would document the process I bet health experts would be FLOORED.

I'm gonna be honest, the report in at least Georgia is that the beaches haven't re-closed since they were re-opened surprisingly and there doesn't seem to be much interest in going. The Florida shots are inconclusive though. Aerial looks bad but you'd need to see the ground.

Not only is it the deadliest day, but by my count today has been one of the highest for reported new cases—some 400 today.

So many new cases despite social distancing ? Im confused ?

Great news. Bring on the heat and humidity.

Of course. To varying degrees, all viruses are killed by UV light, hot temperatures, and wet environments, particularly when outside of a host. For that very reason, I told my sister three weeks ago that she could use her face mask that was left inside the car by the window facing the hot Florida sun. She retorted that CNN said sunlight and heat wouldn't work. The best science at the time indicates that all those elements kills viruses. Bacterias on the other hand, can survive in wet, higher heat environments. If you have the cold, flu, or any other virus, you do all the following: drink plenty of hot liquids, walk outside, use a humidifier, wash your hands, open the blinds, take multiple hot showers, stay warm, etc. etc. etc.

We have had multiple news organizations and fact-checkers telling people the opposite, quoting scientists that say they "don't know" to leave an impression that it wouldn't work. However, based on what research has shown about viruses, all the aforementioned elements are known to kill viruses. Even without absolute evidence, people should have been informed that the aforementioned elements are effective for aiding symptoms of a virus, in addition to killing viruses. Since this is a virus that attacks the lower respiratory system, inhaling very warm/hot vapor should have been advised. I like to breath in water vapor when I'm drinking soup or tea, and that was an effective way of bringing up a lot of mucous when I had pneumonia. Just to clarify, I'm not saying breath in scorching hot steam that will cause damage tissue damage.

When we open things up and all get back together, we're going to be right where we were before this thing took off...maybe a little farther along since more people have the virus now. Opening back up seems like shutting down in the first place was dumb. I don't know.

When we open things up and all get back together, we're going to be right where we were before this thing took off...maybe a little farther along since more people have the virus now. Opening back up seems like shutting down in the first place was dumb. I don't know.

Not sure there is a correct way forward. All are painful......but one could prove deadly. We open up without testing and tracing then this 2nd wave hits harder than we want it to.

you have to slowly expose more and more people to the virus. At first we were told we’ll flatten the curve so we don’t overwhelm the hospital system. Well we did and the hospitals aren’t overrun.
We are waiting for the magical vaccine that may or may not work on an undetermined timeframe. It’s ridiculous.

some vaccines take decades to develop. We’ve also tried to develop coronavirus vaccines in the past and have failed.

I would think society will change there social behaviors when things open back up. Who is going to go hop on a cruise...fly to a foreign country...pack into a stadium/arena. Not sure what normal will even be. For the past few weeks folks in my neighborhood did a good job of staying isolated.

Past few day’s you see more kids playing together, more neighbors hanging out.

I see the drawing on the wall right now. We need to open things up to the working class. Put money into testing as well as providing hospital beds and services so we can sustain the surge of people that need treatment. Everyone over 55 years of age should be forced to quarantine, and I don't care if it's age discrimination. Large cities are the only places that should locked down. The information we're getting from retirement homes and inner cities right now is just horrible, but entirely predictable. People that go out to work or anything should have to wear masks, and, at the very least, force people to social distance. Outside bars and restaurants should be allowed, but they should also be required to provide people sanitizing soaps and naps for their customers, and they should have to wipe down an area after a customer finishes using it.

The more days that pass is just making me more enthusiastic about my the anti-total-lockdown position. This devastating people. However, it's clear what people need to do to prevent contraction of the virus. It's just a question of whether the average American is willing to implement more comprehensive standards to enhance hygiene and cleanliness.

I would think society will change there social behaviors when things open back up. Who is going to go hop on a cruise...fly to a foreign country...pack into a stadium/arena. Not sure what normal will even be. For the past few weeks folks in my neighborhood did a good job of staying isolated.

Past few day’s you see more kids playing together, more neighbors hanging out.

I can’t wait to take another cruise I was on one of the last one in mid Feb on Norwegian. At that point anyone who had visited China Was not permitted to board. They checked all passports.

I’m also ready to go see a baseball game, visit GA aquarium and zoo Atlanta again. Open her back up and let the chips fall where they aregoing to fall. Screw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back