• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought of even shutting down schools in fall and winter are absolute ridiculous. Kids lives this past school year have already been interfered with. Now the mayor of Atlanta saying again next fall maybe no schools. So let’s interfere with kids again. This is making our children scarred and scared to live their lives. The emotional damage this is doing is just wrong. We need to quit teaching our kids to live in fear of catching a virus. Especially younger children. They will have germ phobias. As has been said let’s open up slowly but once everything is opened up. Stay open. Stay the course and quit being a light switch. On/off. Stay on.
@crecre9 and @Heelyes any input on what you recommend? You give a lot of thumbs down but no ideas or solutions. How would you handle this virus. How long shut down? How to reopen?

@crecre9 and @Heelyes any input on what you recommend? You give a lot of thumbs down but no ideas or solutions. How would you handle this virus. How long shut down? How to reopen?
I don't have an answer for when to open everything but I give a thumbs down because you say the same thing over and over again every day.

But they said today it’s running out. So what happens when it does.
Look at the protests starting to break out everywhere. You are approaching that tipping point where there is no return. People suing the gov of Michigan. It’s starting to get ugly real fast. I was laughed at for saying it would get this way. Well look at rights being stripped away. Money disappearing. It’s not gloom and doom. It’s reality that we are staring at. People get desperate they do desperate things. Pray hard everyone.

Again i am not sure what country you are living in but I see no despair like you are claiming. Sure there are small protest over the restrictions but there are bigger protest over cow farts.

Get a solid testing, antibody testing and isolation program in place and then start moving forward. Instead we have an inept federal response that is fumbling through this and more worried about who's signature is on our stimulus.

Again i am not sure what country you are living in but I see no despair like you are claiming. Sure there are small protest over the restrictions but there are bigger protest over cow farts.

Get a solid testing, antibody testing and isolation program in place and then start moving forward. Instead we have an inept federal response that is fumbling through this and more worried about who's signature is on our stimulus.
Of course it always goes back to the president right. He’s gotta do everyone else’s jobs. Governors and mayors have a say so also. If he said do it this way then I’m sure it would not satisfy the left. They would say it’s not his place to tell states how to handle the opening. Just like some say stay shut down but no idea how long or where money is going to come from to care for those we love.

Of course it always goes back to the president right.

Yes. We could have adopted the WHO testing kits and been ready to test way sooner. We could have been adding to our PPE stocks instead of cutting the request by 75% we could have been better prepared so extensive lockdowns werent necessary. South Korea was a good example of how to do it with minimal disruptions.

Senator Burr knew the risks when they had their first briefing way before anyone in the federal admin took it seriously and dumped all his stocks.

Of course it always goes back to the president right. He’s gotta do everyone else’s jobs. Governors and mayors have a say so also. If he said do it this way then I’m sure it would not satisfy the left. They would say it’s not his place to tell states how to handle the opening. Just like some say stay shut down but no idea how long or where money is going to come from to care for those we love.
Back to the political thread you go.

Gonna be honest, the plan laid out makes total sense. It might be a while yet for Georgia before they can move on to those "phases" but I can sense them working to it already (at least to me), I believe Emory is working on an antibody test already, and I think the major teaching hospitals' work in the state will be the ticket again to coordinating these things.

Also a bad honesty, if they can start working on it on May 15th at a minimum, we're going to go see some family members that are of the "at risk", either going to La Fayette, GA or they might come down to my cousin's son's birthday (technically also a cousin but I might as well be an aunt to them as they're much younger).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back