• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote about some of this in the stock market thread last night but will here now with some different detail...

I went out for the first time in a couple weeks yesterday (I don't count driving on country roads, which I might honestly do again early next week). It definitely felt weird to, but honestly one of the main highways felt like it had normal traffic for an area that's supposed to be shut down, and I've felt that way when I look at that road on foot too. Maybe part of the reason it felt like there's normal traffic is because of the major medical district and other essential businesses like Plant Vogtle (who has now had several positive cases but I think they haven't shut down, just sent people that are positive home and now have had to furlough people).

Walgreens was pretty quiet, there wasn't many people in the store, and the Farmer's Market we went to really didn't have many either. Most of the market people (workers and customers) had on masks, we were one of the few that didn't...honestly unless I'm forced to I don't like masks, my mom would probably like one but doesn't have one, and my dad just doesn't care.

May leave the general area again next Thursday, I suggested that we go pick strawberries to support a smaller but nice facility, but this place would be out in the country this time. We haven't been since I was little but I would be surprised if they weren't still around.

I just found out that at my Grandmother's nursing home, besides the nurse that tested positive, two patients have as well with one on her wing. My Grandmother is fine right now, but I was told that the National Guard is coming to test everyone.

Last edited:

As I’ve been saying these “stay at home” orders are a waste of time. The people are ready for America to open back up. Directions/Suggestions are not being followed. People are ready to get back to work and start living normally.

And with summer not far away, it will become more difficult for people to stay at home.

NC has reported +300 new cases so far today. As a state, we seem to be nowhere near the peak.

View attachment 39679

Today Georgia's Dept of Public Health added new detailed data to their daily report, with case rate maps broken down by Census block groups. The maps show cumulative case rates and active case rates. Here's the map data as of 4/7:

CandA04010407.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back