• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Coronavirus (Stay on Topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think society will change there social behaviors when things open back up. Who is going to go hop on a cruise...fly to a foreign country...pack into a stadium/arena. Not sure what normal will even be. For the past few weeks folks in my neighborhood did a good job of staying isolated.

Past few day’s you see more kids playing together, more neighbors hanging out.

You could see it clearly this morning in HD. Fairly good amount of people in the store, lots wearing masks but you could feel the people staying far apart.

I can’t wait to take another cruise I was on one of the last one in mid Feb on Norwegian. At that point anyone who had visited China Was not permitted to board. They checked all passports.

I’m also ready to go see a baseball game, visit GA aquarium and zoo Atlanta again. Open her back up and let the chips fall where they aregoing to fall. Screw it.
I don't see why outdoor sports can't resume this summer since its been shown that the virus hates sunlight. Just play all the games during the day. The Rays and a couple other teams might need to change venues since they play indoors.

In N.C., we have come nowhere close to exceeding our hospital capacity, and I think that is the norm with the exception of NY and maybe a few others. It seems to me that we can afford to lessen at least the harshest restrictions, but then again I’m not an expert.

In N.C., we have come nowhere close to exceeding our hospital capacity, and I think that is the norm with the exception of NY and maybe a few others. It seems to me that we can afford to lessen at least the harshest restrictions, but then again I’m not an expert.
I don’t even think New York has really exceeded hospital vapidity from what I’ve been able to gather.

A controversial French Nobel Laureate that discovered the AIDs virus is taking heat for stating that Covid-19 was manufactured as means to find a cure for AIDS, and those claims are substantiated by the myriad of studies on Google regarding this subject matter.
https://asiatimes.com/2020/04/french-prof-sparks-furor-with-lab-leak-theory/

Since the early 2000s, there has been a search for a coronavirus-based vaccine that encodes HIV antigens in coronavirus, because the latter has tremendous capability of targeting the same human cells as HIV. The 2008 study below, indicates that animal testing should be done to this end.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2682378/

Researchers in New York and Shanghai discovered, along with frontline doctors’ observations, that Covid-19 could attack the human immune system and cause damage similar to that found in HIV patients.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...uld-target-immune-system-targeting-protective

A study out of Nankai University in Tianjin discovered that Covid-19 has a mutated gene similarly found on the HIV virus, enabling it to attack human cells via the target called FURIN, which is an enzyme that works as a protein activator in the human body.
file:///Users/newguest/Downloads/202002.00082v1.pdf

However, as the first link explains, researchers did not observe any growth of the coronavirus after it entered the T-Cells, as opposed to HIV that replicates in the T cells and turns them into factories to generate more copies to infect other cells.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...uld-target-immune-system-targeting-protective

The article also adds: “Some critically ill patients also experienced cytokine storms, where the immune system overreacts and attacks healthy cells.” To help severe patients on ventilators, Doctors are using an HIV drug to boost the immune system and calm acute inflammation before to stop the lungs from filling with inflammation.
https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/...onavirus-patients/4ONG76NRAREW7C2LAWBVTHK7EI/

This article explains the aforementioned with better clarity than I could provide
https://www.news-medical.net/news/2...tacks-and-destroys-T-cells-just-like-HIV.aspx

From quickly reading over the new guidelines, we are far away from everything opening up all "willy nilly". There is a gate that must be satisfied before you can move into phase 1, then the gate needs to be cleared 2 more times for each of the remaining 2 stages. Any "spike" in infections and or deaths looks like it will reset it back to zero. (on a location level, not the USA)

It will be okay in smaller areas, but big cities, especially have a long long way to go. My county, is way too dense these days for it's size, so it'll be interesting to see what happens here.

In my opinion, the government is using words like "open the country back up" and pushing these "guidelines" and saying "the worst is behind us" to give some sort of hope and good returns in the economy. I mean, they've been doing this "it'll be fine" thing with the way they're wording things and it's shown a positive return on stocks. (will people buy it when places are opening up just to shut back down again? probably not)

NC reported 530 new cases yesterday. That is by far the largest one day increase.

I wonder how many of that number come from the 250+ positive tests from the Goldsboro prison where 98% were asymptomatic.

I would think society will change there social behaviors when things open back up. Who is going to go hop on a cruise...fly to a foreign country...pack into a stadium/arena. Not sure what normal will even be. For the past few weeks folks in my neighborhood did a good job of staying isolated.

Past few day’s you see more kids playing together, more neighbors hanging out.
I bet you once things start to reopen, it won't take long before people start gathering vigorously, if they're allowed to. I think the social distancing good hygiene habits may last a little while, but our culture is our culture. We'll be back to socializing bigtime as soon as we're allowed, unless everyone is afraid of death. And I don't think that's going to be the case.

I bet you once things start to reopen, it won't take long before people start gathering vigorously, if they're allowed to. I think the social distancing good hygiene habits may last a little while, but our culture is our culture. We'll be back to socializing bigtime as soon as we're allowed, unless everyone is afraid of death. And I don't think that's going to be the case.

You are probably right...I’m in my 40’s where the fatality rate is higher, but still rather low. If I was under 40, and I didn’t live with an at risk person, I would probably be more apt to get out.

Below is for NC.

C5D0CB6B-FEF5-45F9-A1E2-4C6356C1F041.jpeg
9E4B4606-5511-4A5E-B22A-1B01E178609C.jpeg

I wanna tell the tale of my neighbors...

Early March the wife gave birth to a new child. Like most 1st time parents they had relative (Read their parents) coming in and out to help, and friends of the couple coming to wish their congratulations.

Well, it's April 18th, and this is still going on. Every day, i mean everyday, they have at least 2 usually 3 different vehicles come over to visit. And it's not the same 2-3 every day. Probably a rotation of about 10-12 different cars , rotating on a daily basis. At some point, a boat showed up. Like a 20 foot Carolina Skiff (nice boat btw) and he's been fishing twice a week with buddies. They come over, hang out, go fish, come home, hang out some more, go home. The weekend before Easter, they had a right ol boating party with 3 couples. They had one of their parents stay with the baby, who then had visitors rolling in and out (4 vehicles) visiting the baby while the parents were out boating with their friends. And now they are out of town with the boat.

And my 80 year old neighbor next door doesn't care. Large family gathering on Easter, and still goes to the Pawn shop and Bojangles Daily.

My 75 year old neighbor next to the young parents, She still goes and does her things, like tea with her church friends and meetings for her community project her church is leading... So she doesn't care.

A lady a few houses down, who i assume is gymnast instructor literally had practice on a tumble mat in her front yard with other children. The other children's moms stayed in their cars, Ya know, social distancing right..?

So, Social Distancing seems to be a joke here. I was all for these restrictions if that meant we kicked this Virus' Ass. But it seems I'm one of the few. This only works if everyone does it, and since 50% or more aren't, why are we still doing it then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back